Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New member. Located in South Florida. This is my first CTS. I am driving an Olds Aurora but giving that to my son who turns 18. My CTS is 05 with14,767 miles purchased used. 3.6 with 6 speed manual. Black on Black. :alchi: I take delivery this week. Any advice from anyone? Also wanted to find out if it was possible to replace current stock radio and upgrade to the DVD navigation system without to much heartache. Thanks and I look forward to talking to everyone.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Hello everyone. New member. Located in South Florida. This is my first CTS. I am driving an Olds Aurora but giving that to my son who turns 18. My CTS is 05 with14,767 miles purchased used. 3.6 with 6 speed manual. Black on Black. :alchi: I take delivery this week. Any advice from anyone? Also wanted to find out if it was possible to replace current stock radio and upgrade to the DVD navigation system without to much heartache. Thanks and I look forward to talking to everyone.
the nav upgrade is easy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Welcome, on the radio front there are several way's to go. Stock look with upgraded door speakers is about $300, add sub (either subs and box with amp or Bazooka Tude) add $200 (tube) around $400 for for ampand subs with box. Add a few hundred more if pro does. From there you can add a cleansweep device to clean up the sound and run auxilary goodies, around $450 installed. Some have added $1,200 + nav units, that allow you to maintain your DIC. There are a few (look in audio section) who have full blown "carputers".
I installed mine, I have Infinity component fronts, directional Infinity's in the rear doors, Bazooka Tube for a sub, all running thru the stock radio. I have about $800 in it. Out thumps the stock Bose easily. Check to see if anyone from Miami has done this to there CTS and check it out. If your in Orlando anytime I can let you hear and see my set-up. Ask the question here and I'm sure someone will respond. Good Luck.

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
(since RT:p is not around i'll do the honours welcoming you to the forum )
:welcome5: Mike:nanaparty::blurock:here u can find all sorts of valuable info, use the search or just ax around, also post some pics of your car when u get a chance:highfive:

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Congrats on the new car and welcome to the club. Warning: you will start modding soon!

Oh, The Cadillac Kid is looking for Cadillac hang outs in FL. Maybe you can hook up? :D

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:alchi: OMG thats alot of work. Should I have just bought one with the system installed. Maybe on my next CTS. LOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts