Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Just picked up a 2000 STS for my wife. Love the car. It has 30,000 miles on it. I have always been a GM guy.

It is going to the dealer for some warranty work tomorrow and I need some opinions on these problems.

1st. It has the common vibration at highway speed. (65-80) It has near new Eagle LS tires on it. How are people getting rid of this problem?

2nd. Yesterday the "Service Stability Control" came on. Any clues on this?

3rd. The dang horn doesnt work. It keeps blowing fuses.

Any help would be welcome.

Anything else I should know about the car?

Thanks,

-Eli

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Can't help you with the other items, but there is a bulletin concerning the vibration, as long as the tires are the originals.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard...... Thanks for signing up.......

There was a recent thread about your problem...... Seems pretty common.......

Also, stability ride messages mean the ride control isnt working....... Most likely electrical....... They'll fix it!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
STSEli said:
Hey gang,

Just picked up a 2000 STS for my wife. Love the car. It has 30,000 miles on it. I have always been a GM guy.

It is going to the dealer for some warranty work tomorrow and I need some opinions on these problems.

1st. It has the common vibration at highway speed. (65-80) It has near new Eagle LS tires on it. How are people getting rid of this problem?

2nd. Yesterday the "Service Stability Control" came on. Any clues on this?

3rd. The dang horn doesnt work. It keeps blowing fuses.

Any help would be welcome.

Anything else I should know about the car?

Thanks,

I've just purchased a 2k STS w/ 33K mi. and having the same problem - right now my first fix will be to replace the junk Goodyear LS's with Turanza or Proxes TPT (best reviews I've read), this will birng me up to your level - I think I'll have to get the rotors turned as well, just to make sure all mechanical potentials are removed. It's been said that STS's are very picky about tires (due to the auto suspension, etc.) so make sure you exhaust all tire posibilities first, not all tires are molded equal therefore even new tires have imperfections....no input on your other questions, good luck.

I;m making my fix list ofr the dealer too...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one tire that was worn unevenly (which only showed up on a road force balancer) that I replaced and then all the tires were road force balanced. Seems to have eliminated the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
airbalancer said:
What is the term road forced balanced?
Alot of the newer tire shops have a Hunter GSP9700 balancer. This is similar to a regular wheel/tire balancer, except it a has a drum which puts a load onto the tire to simulate road forces acting on it. Sometimes this helps eliminate other vibration problems that simply dynamically or statically balancing a wheel/tire will not do.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
R&D Guy said:
Alot of the newer tire shops have a Hunter GSP9700 balancer. This is similar to a regular wheel/tire balancer, except it a has a drum which puts a load onto the tire to simulate road forces acting on it. Sometimes this helps eliminate other vibration problems that simply dynamically or statically balancing a wheel/tire will not do.
Than's for the reply
I can now tell the wife I learn something new today

1 - 9 of 9 Posts