Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 cts coupe black
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow my husband went nuts and he knows nothing about cars. First the AC stopped working then the abs warning lights came on. So he went on youtube and learned how to do it took 3 weeks. The hub was really hard to take off used a mini torch and slide hammer with a 25 pound weight - took three hours. The grill didn't fit so we used parts from the old one and sanded it down. The lights only took 20 mins. Also bought a buffer waxed it too. The only thing is the paint on the front bumper and about six inches up on the hood has a bunch of chips. Since it has 100k hwy so lots of rocks it it. Not sure what to do .. watched some videos about spraying it with a can but nervous about that. Don't have the money to paint the entire car... other than the front paint looks great.
Let me know what you think of what we did...hope it doesn't look to.... well ummm trying to find the right words. Forget it just want to see what someone thinks.. thanks plus any advice on how to paint the front.
IMG_0339.PNG
IMG_0340.PNG
IMG_0349.JPG

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,369 Posts
Nice coupe. As far as the paint, the pics appear to show the color to be Black Raven and not Black Diamond. If it is Black Raven, that will make fixing chips easier. I've used Dr. Colorchip, and it's good for masking chips, but if the chip is anything bigger than very small, it does not dry smooth like repairing with paint. When I used it, I fixed my heavily chipped '09 before trading so it just looked better from 5 ft away. It ends up looking like Edward James Almos. The color is right, but you still see the craters. You can use touchup paint on larger chips and mask off the chip so when color sanding, you don't damage the surrounding area, you only sand the chip. For road rash, that can be a huge job to do in paint, hence the Dr. Colorchip type products were invented. Youtube will give you hours of fun watching folks fix chips by various means.

·
Registered
2013 cts coupe black
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice coupe. As far as the paint, the pics appear to show the color to be Black Raven and not Black Diamond. If it is Black Raven, that will make fixing chips easier. I've used Dr. Colorchip, and it's good for masking chips, but if the chip is anything bigger than very small, it does not dry smooth like repairing with paint. When I used it, I fixed my heavily chipped '09 before trading so it just looked better from 5 ft away. It ends up looking like Edward James Almos. The color is right, but you still see the craters. You can use touchup paint on larger chips and mask off the chip so when color sanding, you don't damage the surrounding area, you only sand the chip. For road rash, that can be a huge job to do in paint, hence the Dr. Colorchip type products were invented. Youtube will give you hours of fun watching folks fix chips by various means.
thanks so much, yes it's black raven i'll will check it out

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,369 Posts
Chip repair is easier than replacing a hub :p (y)

·
Registered
2013 cts coupe black
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the front lights please ?

If the link doesn't work search for
Black 2008-2014 Cadillac CTS LED Projector Headlights Head Lamps Left+Right

So far really nice. Prob will tint them "smoke" thought we had to rewire but didn't, longest part is taking off bumper but once that's done it's really easy just plug it in. I thought we needed to use the adjustment screw but we just drove down the road and one of us checked it out from 50 feet away and did a visual seems to be fine. To change a light bulb it's $220 so that's how we justified the cost.. lol

·
Registered
2012 OBM Premium RWD Coupe, Touring package
103 Posts
Nice mods and welcome!

Padgett those headlights are meant for Halogen equipped CTS models. If you have the HID version of the lights, these are a big downgrade. Not to mention they'll throw error messages on HID-equipped models since there's no AFL swiveling motors inside the lights. You're handy enough to take apart your HID lights and black out the chrome if that's what you're after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts