Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the new 08 keyless entry remotes will work on our cars? I don't know about you guys bu I'm sick of my trunk opening all the time due to me pushing the button pulling the keys out of my pocket. It appears they have recessed the buttons on the new remotes finally.

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very True!! Just tired of getting in the car starting it up thinking I'm ready to go only to realize the truck is open so out of the car I go shut the trunk and then I can actually drive me 50K car with the trunk closed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
i'll be honest, i'm more sick of the LOOK of the remote, than the placement of the buttons.

the new cadillac remote actually LOOKS like a cadillac. remote. ours look like every other generic GM remotes.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
The new keys and fobs are awesome. Even the key itself has a raised, color Cadillac emblem (as opposed to the little foil sticker we have now).

I'm going to try programming one with a Tech2 tomorrow at work- will report back.

·
26,239 Posts
Okay, I seemed to have grossed everyone out with that one (RightTurn made me do it- honestly!).

How about Batman beating a shark with....erm...you know?

·
26,239 Posts
Bah- no stock available on the new fobs yet. Perhaps I'll just "temporarily" reprogram one from a stock unit to see if it works....:D

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
He doesn't have the balls to do it.

*runs*

·
26,239 Posts
Been busy selling cars. I'll try it before I leave tonight.

One potential problem: There's two different styles of the new fob- one with remote start, and one without. All I have instock right now are cars with remote start, and that fob may not be compatible with our cars. We'll soon see.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts