Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 sedan deville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:want: P055, I know what it means but I just got a tps sensor replaced on the car and also a new isc motor, but the code p055 recently appears and when i cut on the car it starts out loud and then the rev settles down but there is still a high rev than it's supposed to be. It is a 1994 sedan deville 4.9 can anyone help me and let me know what is or what i can do.:(

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
When the TPS is replaced, it must be adjusted. It's a simple procedure, but you need the FSM to do it properly. It involves manually rotating the TPS and adjusting the ISC. Then, you have to make the PCM go through the PCM/idle learn procedure.

I have a 93 Deville, so I don't know how applicable my FSM procedure is to your 94.

According to the 93 Deville FSM, if the TPS has to automatically adjust the value of the throttle "by more than -2.9 degrees or +3.0 degrees, [the code] will be stored in memory at the next key 'ON' cycle". You can display what the actual TPS (throttle) angle is.

"Engine should be at normal operating temp when making any adjustment." Great...you need to work on a hot engine. Wonderful. :) Actually, it's not bad. The TPS and ISC motors are on top of the engine. Easy to get to.

If you had the TPS and ISC replaced for you, then you need to take it back and have them adjust it. The FSM says that "This adjustment *should* be performed...when the TPS or throttle body has been replaced...".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts