Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 CTS-V Cammed 430rwhp 6month old ls7 PP/FW/DISK brand new ls7 SLAVE/ CTSV-MASTER

I have an 04 CTS-V with a ls7 setup and ls7 slave which i just replaced again because the 6 month old ls7 slave destroyed itself. Also new master.

Prior to replacing these and the slave going out i would be locked out over 5k rpm to shift now i can slam 3rd but when reving 3rd out i feel the clutch pedal come up some and push on my foot when i go to throw 4th it locks me out can anyone give some input is my PP messed up or is there something else im missing here?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
04 CTS-V Cammed 430rwhp 6month old ls7 PP/FW/DISK brand new ls7 SLAVE/ CTSV-MASTER

I have an 04 CTS-V with a ls7 setup and ls7 slave which i just replaced again because the 6 month old ls7 slave destroyed itself. Also new master.

Prior to replacing these and the slave going out i would be locked out over 5k rpm to shift now i can slam 3rd but when reving 3rd out i feel the clutch pedal come up some and push on my foot when i go to throw 4th it locks me out can anyone give some input is my PP messed up or is there something else im missing here?

Thanks
I am confused by the phrase"when reving 3rd out the clutch pedal come up some and push my foot". Are you saying that when you let the clutch out when arriving in the 3rd it wasn't already at the top of its stroke, and then keeps coming up? If not that, please clarify what you mean.

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darkman when starting in 3rd from say 60 i will gun it when i pass 5k rpm and rev it to 7k i feel the pedal lifting and pushing my foot upwards.

- I have an LS7 Slave cylinder which is supposedly the slave needed without a spacer i did not have issues prior to camming the car anyway. We bled it twice might have to redo it again maybe i guess?

BTW i said i put a new slave new slave = new TOB

·
Registered
CTS-V
572 Posts
My question is why are you depressing the clutch at 5K if you don't plan on shifting until 7?

Are you saying that the clutch is all the way out (foot just resting, not pressing) and only in 3rd it comes up farther than fully out/engaged?

Sorry no solutions here. I'm interested in all these clutch issues for when I need to change mine.

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes... i have my foot standing by to shift it i can feel the pedal raising against my foot while the revs climb passed 5k when im WOT in 3rd.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Yes... i have my foot standing by to shift it i can feel the pedal raising against my foot while the revs climb passed 5k when im WOT in 3rd.
Now that sounds like a pressure plate problem. (Double check the hydraulics, of course, but....)

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured it might be a PP issue since the hydros are 1 day old im wonder what PP i can find just to swap over and keep the stock ls7 clutch disk and flywheel.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I figured it might be a PP issue since the hydros are 1 day old im wonder what PP i can find just to swap over and keep the stock ls7 clutch disk and flywheel.
I don't know if the LS7 pressure plate is similar but the Service Manual for the 2005 V (LS6 obviously) identifies "pressure plate not adjusted" as a possible cause. It also provides the procedure for adjusting the pressure plate. The adjustment procedure is simple, but does require the pressure plate to be out of the car and on the work bench.

I do not know anything about what other pressure plates might match up with your existing clutch setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts