Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
None
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a 1983 Cadilllac Fleetwood Brougham it has the 4.1L engine I am wondering were these engines not that great and were there a lot of problems with these engines.

Thank you

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,531 Posts
Surf through this forum as well as the older model FWB forum up a ways. I think you'll find that the 4100 is, ummm, not exactly race bred.

·
Registered
1995 Base model Sedan
1 Posts
I apologize for this being my first post, but with my experience with the 4100 I can tell you that there is nothing wrong with a good running engine. and the 83 brougham an excellent car, however my little brother once had one of these cars and it's a nice car.. but we could not disassemble the water pump pulley nor figure out how to change the water pump due to much frustration as (the cylinder heads and the intake on the 4100 are once peace) I won't say anything about a good running engine but we could not get the water pump pulley off fur nothin..

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
Its a first-generation engine, a lot of problems came with that. Later engines had a lot of small little corrections and fixes that collectively improved output and reliably tremendously.

Its also kind of a unique engine, only used by Cadillac, so its hard to get parts if anything goes wrong internally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts