Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2014 ATS 2.0L and I have a few questions. First one, what the heck with the mirrors on these cars? Both the drivers and passenger, the metal has literally turned to dust. I replaced the drivers already and now my passenger is doing it. Is there any way to just buy the metal base rather than replace the entire assembly?

I'm a bit ashamed to say this but I have no idea what model ATS I have. Luxury, performance, etc, I have no clue. How do I know? I want to do an add on subwoofer and amp and I don't know if I have the bose system. I suspect not, as I don't see anything saying I do. Should this be a fairly straight forward deal or am I going to run into issues if there's a factory amp already on board? I'll need to use a LOC to convert to RCA and I didn't know if it has a factory amp that would cause issues.

I appreciate any assistance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should be able to determine that from the RPO codes. There's a sticker with all of the codes used to build your car, usually in the trunk under the carpeted floor covering. Or, you can send an email to [email protected] with your VIN asking for a build sheet, which will include not only the RPO codes but what they mean as well. It's FREE, and you should get a response real quick, sometimes the same day. Here's a snippet from the wife's '13 ATS to give you an indication of what the build sheet will look like.

Font Screenshot Number Document Circle

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
1,019 Posts
For 2013-2014 I believe cars that don't have the LED DRL's are luxury trim. Cars that do have the LED DRL's are either Performance or Premium trim. For Performance/Premium if you look at the RPO plaque in your trunk, FE2 suspension code indicates Performance trim while FE3 indicates Premium.

Here is a thread on the difference between the headlights with LED DRL and without:

Led strip on the headlight

There are a couple threads on the sidemirror corrosion issue, here is one:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,267 Posts
Oddly enough, the 5th digit on my car is an H.
Crap. I had a MS Word document with all this laid out and explained, and I can't find the blasted thing! Yes ... I do recall an "H" in the fifth position but can't recall what that means.

EDIT: I believe that scheme I posted above refers to RWD vehicles only. That's all I was interested in when I researched for my car which absolutely HAD to have a 6-spd manual.

AWD vehicles have this code:
G=standard AWD
H=luxury AWD
J=performance AWD
L=premium AWD

Sorry about that. :oops:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hey, I have a 2014 ATS 2.0L and I have a few questions. First one, what the heck with the mirrors on these cars? Both the drivers and passenger, the metal has literally turned to dust. I replaced the drivers already and now my passenger is doing it. Is there any way to just buy the metal base rather than replace the entire assembly?

I'm a bit ashamed to say this but I have no idea what model ATS I have. Luxury, performance, etc, I have no clue. How do I know? I want to do an add on subwoofer and amp and I don't know if I have the bose system. I suspect not, as I don't see anything saying I do. Should this be a fairly straight forward deal or am I going to run into issues if there's a factory amp already on board? I'll need to use a LOC to convert to RCA and I didn't know if it has a factory amp that would cause issues.

I appreciate any assistance.
Here is for the 2014 ATS

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

·
Registered
802 Posts
Crap. I had a MS Word document with all this laid out and explained, and I can't find the blasted thing! Yes ... I do recall an "H" in the fifth position but can't recall what that means.

EDIT: I believe that scheme I posted above refers to RWD vehicles only. That's all I was interested in when I researched for my car which absolutely HAD to have a 6-spd manual.

AWD vehicles have this code:
G=standard AWD
H=luxury AWD
J=performance AWD
L=premium AWD

Sorry about that. :oops:
Here is the 2016

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Diagram

1 - 13 of 13 Posts