Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,007 Posts
:welcome: Welcome Aboard !!!

Read the entire Cadillac Technical Archive up in the black bar ^^^, as much of this Forum as you can stand, and also down in Cadillac Discussions, Tech Tips, and, down in Engines, Northstar Performance.

Read the entire sticky post at the top of the main Seville/Eldorado page - "How to pull codes" - to find out how to get any DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) from you car's built-in code reader/scanner/memory. Codes will scroll out in the DIC (Driver's Information Center - instrument panel) message bar. Write them all down, noting whether each is Current or History. Return to the sticky and open the link with "obd2" in the URL - use the code lines in the Master Index box to decipher each P, B, C, and U code found. Read up on codes and how they come and go and why.

Engine oil (10W-30, regular or synthetic, whatever floats your boat) is at the proper level when it's halfway up the dipstick hashmark after sitting for 5 minutes. The transmission is a dry sump unit so there will be no fluid on the stick with the engine off; it is checked with the engine running, in P, warm. Again, halfway up the hashmark. Coolant is correct when the level is halfway up in the reservoir, cold.

Read your whole owner's manual. Get a GM Service Manual from either www.helminc.com, eBay, or subscribe your car to www.alldatadiy.com. Chilton's and Haynes manuals are far too generic for these cars. Use your car's VIN to go through the VIN to RPO converter at the top of the Seville page (sticky post). This will give you the Regular Production Options built into your car. (Your car will NOT be "one of three" - that's triggered by one or more hidden production line sequence codes, not that your car is special.)

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Submariner. For weeks, I haven't been able to open threads on this message board, appearantly it's fixed now. Luckily, my car has less than 80,000 miles, not a scratch on it, and a few very minor interior cosmetic hickies. The original owner is a fellow about your age, a good friend of my family. I always wanted the car since he bought it new, now I have it and love it. I will be pulling the codes, reading up, etc. This thing is expensive to fix!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts