Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of info here for sure!

Glad I checked in! I was going to put an aftermarket radio/head unit in the Eldorado but from what I've read here it's a lot more involved than just changing the head unit. I have the non Bose unit with the 12 disc changer in the trunk. I was wanting to add a unit with bluetooth and USB capability, any suggestions?

Love the old 99 Eldy, it only has 51k on it and it runs and looks great.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Welcome, sharp colored car.
Many options for inputs, you can make an adapter for 3.5 mm jack input and use a MP3 player. N*Caddy has a post somewhere, no cutting wires.
As for aftermarket HU the sky is the limit. Use the adapters and can keep chimes even. I'm about to install a Sony with HD addon unit.
Watch the unit you pick and make sure dimmable and if you like a clock if it has on all the time.
Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
Beautiful car - I love the color and the wheels! I also love your city. I met my wife at California Dreamin' in Columbia. I've even thought about moving there someday. I'm about three hours north, not far from Myrtle Beach. But I grew up in a mid-sized college city, so Columbia reminds me a lot of home.

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.
438 Posts
bigjames4xl said:
Lots of info here for sure!

Glad I checked in! I was going to put an aftermarket radio/head unit in the Eldorado but from what I've read here it's a lot more involved than just changing the head unit. I have the non Bose unit with the 12 disc changer in the trunk. I was wanting to add a unit with bluetooth and USB capability, any suggestions?

Love the old 99 Eldy, it only has 51k on it and it runs and looks great.
Those are my dream wheels. Who manufactures those?
Beautiful Eldorado!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Such an iconic name El Dorado I hope Cadillac brings it back on some exciting new model in the near future.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Sadly, Cadillac is done with good model names. It's all about alphabet soup now.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,963 Posts
Hopefully with all the positive press Lincoln received with it's calling Bulls**t on alphabet soup, they will rethink it.

Sooner or later they have to realize "The Emperor has no clothes!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts