Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
none
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I just wanted to thank all of you for the great information; I've been searching in the background for *about a month and learned a lot. *I test drove a loaded 13 sedan (auto) today and called my*fleet contact right after. *He found me a loaded thunder gray sedan 6MT for a killer price but before I pull the trigger I wanted to ask a few questions.*

1. * Is it possiable to get the sedan with the two tone seats like in the coupe (I need four doors)...?
2. * Does the trunk easily fit golf clubs?
3. * How do you adjust the ride control from comfort to sport?
4. * Anyone have pics of a blacked out thunder gray sedan or know which member pics too look up?

Lastly, I was unable to drive the MT and wanted to get some feedback about the clutch, drivability, etc... * I prefer MT since I was a bit disappointed in the auto today compared to my C63.

·
Registered
Formerly 09 CTS-V, Red; now 16 CTS-V, Red
304 Posts
3. * How do you adjust the ride control from comfort to sport?
From the Owner's Manual:

Magnetic Ride Control™
With this feature on the CTS-V, the Magnetic Ride
Control system adjusts the ride of the vehicle to Touring
or Sport modes. Magnetic Ride Control monitors the
suspension system to determine the proper system
response.
TOUR: Use for normal city and highway driving.
This setting provides a smooth, soft ride.
SPORT: Use where road conditions or personal
preference demand more control. This setting provides
more “feel”, or response to road conditions.
The setting can be changed at any time. Based on road
conditions, steering wheel angle and the vehicle speed,
the system automatically adjusts to provide the best
handling while providing a smooth ride. The Touring and
Sport modes will feel similar on a smooth road. Select a
new setting whenever driving conditions change.
The Driver Information Center (DIC) briefly displays
SUSPENSION MODE TOURING or SUSPENSION
MODE SPORT on vehicle startup or when a new mode
is selected.

Press and release this
button, located in the
center of the instrument
panel, to change modes.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Lastly, I was unable to drive the MT and wanted to get some feedback about the clutch, drivability, etc... * I prefer MT since I was a bit disappointed in the auto today compared to my C63.
Since everyone has answered your other questions, I'll address this. I owned a 6AT V and have owned a 6MT V for almost three months. The 6MT is super-easy to drive. The only peculiarities I have noticed are that a) the reach to 5th gear is longish, but easy to get used to, and b) the clutch likes to be either fully engaged or not engaged....though the latter peculiarity has gotten less as the clutch has broken in. The gears other than 5th are a reasonable/short reach for me.

I think you'll like the 6MT as it allows you to use much more of the LSA's power. I daily drive mine and enjoy it a great deal.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
neuronbob said:
I think you'll like the 6MT as it allows you to use much more of the LSA's power. I daily drive mine and enjoy it a great deal.
The clutch engages fairly quickly, which I like, and the gearbox gets smoother over time. I'm about 74,000 miles on the original clutch. The setup is so good that you will shift for the fun of it.

Jud

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon Stealth Blue
175 Posts
both the dealer and the cadillac website show an option for titanium (and black) interior for all the V cars. But the special two tone black and saffron interior is only available on the coupe, according to the dealer and the website. I saw that interior in person and it was really sharp. wish there was some way I could order that if I order a wagon in the next week...

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Since everyone has answered your other questions, I'll address this. I owned a 6AT V and have owned a 6MT V for almost three months. The 6MT is super-easy to drive. The only peculiarities I have noticed are that a) the reach to 5th gear is longish, but easy to get used to, and b) the clutch likes to be either fully engaged or not engaged....though the latter peculiarity has gotten less as the clutch has broken in. The gears other than 5th are a reasonable/short reach for me.

Good luck in your search!
The clutch engages fairly quickly, which I like, and the gearbox gets smoother over time. I'm about 74,000 miles on the original clutch. The setup is so good that you will shift for the fun of it.

Jud
I would pretty well agree with both of the above assessments and add that this is the easiest and smoothest manual transmission car I've ever driven - and yes, it does seem to be getting smoother over time! It's also a piece of cake to drive in stop-and-go traffic because of the light clutch. Another feature of the manual that I love is the no-lift shift. Cadillac does not seem to place a priority on marketing this feature, but it's a great one!
If you set the MRC to Sport, take off the Traction control, or reduce/eliminate the Stabilitrak, you'll find the car to be noticeably more responsive and even smoother shifting. (at least I do).

I wouldn't hesitate for a second about opting for the manual! Good luck and enjoy!

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
That car was a manufacturer car, so it could have been a one-off.

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
Gman1023 said:
Ah I see. Makes me wonder if someone with some connections couldn't order one though. Clearly the seats bolt right in.
Interesting...... The front and rear door panels are also the correct Black & Saffron.. That leads me believe it was manufactured that way.. That Vagon is extremely rare for sure.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
76 Posts
Yes you can fit clubs on an angle in the trunk. In fact if you drop one seat in a Voupe you can fit 2 sets of clubs, 2 suite cases and a dog for those long weekend getaways.

:)

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Interesting...... The front and rear door panels are also the correct Black & Saffron.. That leads me believe it was manufactured that way.. That Vagon is extremely rare for sure.
Too bad it's not a 6MT, that would be worth being snapped up by a collector. It may be worth a collector's time anyway.

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V Black Raven, Carbon Package, Recaros
352 Posts
I just checked the build sheet for that car and yes it was ordered with the Black/Saffron interior..

·
Registered
175 Posts
is there any way to order a new wagon with black saffron interior? the dealer says no, but if someone has an inside track, I would love to order one that way.. i plan to order a wagon maybe this weekend locally. justin

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
I really doubt, they are very strict about what they can and can't do with order. You could get those blue seats if you order that new special edition blue color.

·
Registered
175 Posts
that matte blue paint is not my thing, and i am not too crazy about the blue seats. the black and saffron though, looks realy sharp in the coupe. Hoping someone on the inside could get me a lead on how to do it - the seats should just bolt right in. the contrast stiching on the upper door panels, and the saffron inserts on the door panels, may be more difficult but sure looks sharp. does anyone make any interior panels for the car? you can get lots of tacky interior pieces for a vette...

12,778 Posts
is there any way to order a new wagon with black saffron interior? the dealer says no, but if someone has an inside track, I would love to order one that way.. i plan to order a wagon maybe this weekend locally. justin
Hi Justin! It's great that you're considering a V, and I can check my resources to see if I can find any relevant information on that option for you. While I can't guarantee a particular answer, I'm happy to research on your behalf! Please send me a private message anytime if you would like me to investigate any questions on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 20 of 20 Posts