Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I just bought a 2010 Cadillac STS. I have a few question on where to find parts. The rocker panel is mising from the right side. Its not rusted away seems to have just fallen off maybe the clips broke. Anyone know wher i can find a replacement aside from GM dealership that wants nearly $300 for one?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,052 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!!

Let's move this car-specific question to the later STS forum.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,916 Posts
Hello all I just bought a 2010 Cadillac STS. I have a few question on where to find parts. The rocker panel is mising from the right side. Its not rusted away seems to have just fallen off maybe the clips broke. Anyone know wher i can find a replacement aside from GM dealership that wants nearly $300 for one?
on a ten year old car I'd be searching the Men's Mall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think I found a pair on ebay they are for an 06 will they fit on 2010? Here are some pics of my new ride. Im sure going to miss my 300C though. Also which side is bank one on a Northstar STS. I have to replace the intake Camshaft /VVT position sensor bank one. is that passenger side?

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 ElDorado ETC, 2005 STS V8
57 Posts
Check your local auto scrap yards, there is 6 STS in my local yard the most ever at one time, good luck!!😁

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,052 Posts
On your longitudinal Northstar the right (passenger) cylinder bank is 1-3-5-7 bank 1. The left (driver) bank is 2-4-6-8 bank 2.

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
215 Posts
Welcome EBK. IDK where to get that piece, I've never seen an STS in one of our salvage yards here in Indianapolis :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On your longitudinal Northstar the right (passenger) cylinder bank is 1-3-5-7 bank 1. The left (driver) bank is 2-4-6-8 bank 2.
Awesome, thank you I can see the camshaft/VVT sensor without removing any of the engine bay covers so it should be easy to get to and swap out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts