Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just joined today.Got 2008 DTS last month. I was a Lincoln guy for a couple of decades but they fell off the radar when they went to the last body style and they never had all the good stuff the Caddy does. So,my car has the heated and cooled seats and when I hit the button for heat,it lights up but no heat. I read a post or two on here before joining up but that was on an 06 or 07 I think. Something about a bad connection under the seat. Anyone have the heated seat not getting hot issue in their 08 or was the issue the same from 06 on?? What's the fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
161 Posts
I've had the same issue in my 2007 and fixed it myself. i bypassed the burnt pins and just soldered the wires right to the board on the back side, it's worked great so far even on 3+hr trips with both me & passengers using seat heat the entire time. if you have rear seat heat too, does it work still? mine worked fine while the front was dead

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check the rear seats. Between work schedule and the fact that it's about 5 degrees out there I have had much time to get around to it.When you fixed yours am I correct in assuming that the fix is under the driver seat for all the heat on the front seats? Oh and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LUX II 75k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville
241 Posts
The control board is under the passenger side and you can get to by raising the front of the seat all the way up.

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that info. I didn't see that before yesterday and i assumed it was under the driver seat so me and a buddy wasted some time under there yesterday. lol. Now I know it's under the passenger seat. Hopefully the connector and fix is as easy as it sounds. I just popped up the back seat to change the battery that keeps dying in this freezing cold weather we're having.

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a burned out wire under the passenger seat. Repaired it.Still no heat on the seats.What else could it be?

·
Registered
241 Posts
You have check fuses? Your owners manual has a layout where fuses and relays are located. I had a RUN relay in the fuse block under the back seat to go out on my "07" which controls the sunroof, heated steering wheel and heated/cool seats. I would check to see if your heater steering is working. Hope that helps.

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heated steering wheel works. Not as well as when it was new I'm sure,but it does get warm to hot. I still have power in the buttons for the seats.

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also,is there a separate system for the rear seats or is it all tied into the wiring under the passenger seat?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The back seats use just a heating element unless there are some model that have both heat/cool seats. The front seats use a thermal units with fans. You could have a defective control board.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That is the board where the cable plugs in under the passenger seat.

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The heater cable into the gray thing? OK,I'll have to see about a new one of those.I have lights on the buttons though. So there's power. Could it possibly be that my guy put the fixed wire into the wrong hole on the connector??

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK,after messing with the wires under the passenger seat and reconnecting a burned out one.The passenger seat heat works fine.The driver seat or the back seats do not work at all.Although the driver seat came on for 5 minutes a few days ago and hasn't worked before or since. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Each heated/cool seat has 2ventilation modules. They are like heat pumps that is used to heat or cool the air supply to the seat cushion and seat back.

FRONT
Driver or Passenger Seat Back Ventilation Heating and Cooling BlowerReplacement.

Pull rearward on the bottom of the trim panel to release the twolower attachment retaining clips.
2. Using a fiber trim stick, or similar blunt tool, release the innerand outer mid-position retaining clips.
3. Pull the finish panel in a downward direction to release the twoupper attachment hooks.
4. When installing the seat back cushion finish panel, insert the twoupper retainers first, then engage the four lower retainers.
Front Seat Back Cushion Finish Panel Replacement.jpg Seat Back Ventilation Heating.jpg

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SO,it could be bad vent pumps for the driver and rear seats is what you're saying? Appreciate the help. Who sells those besides a dealer? Or is there some other fix?? Thanks

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PASSENGER HEAT WORKED FOR A LITTLE WHILE last time my mechanic friend messed with the wires but it only worked once. Now no heat.I guess it's time for a control module. No heat on back seats either.

·
Registered
757 Posts

Check fuse#11 under rear seat. For the rear seat

The rear heated seat system has one control module that controlsheat operation for both the left and right rear seat. The rear heated seatsconsist of the following components:
· Rear heated seat control module
· Left rear heated seat switch
· Right rear heated seat switch
· Left seat cushion heating element
· Left seat back heating element
· Left seat cushion temperature sensor
· Right seat cushion heating element
· Right seat back heating element
· Right seat cushion temperature sensor

Rear Seat Heater Control Module Replacement.jpg

Did he solder both wires on the front seat control module?

heated cooled seat mdj 1.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts