Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 05 cts-v headlight lenses are horribly scratched, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some stock headlight replacements or some good reliable ones that will wire straight up? I think paint 1800$ for a pair of headlights from Cadillac Lindsay is ridicoulous! I'm only looking to spend about 500$ hopefully..

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
414 Posts
Buy them from rock auto. Depot brand. They are quite wonderful and going strong for the last year now. These are plug and play factory light replacement and comes with new ballasts and bulbs, pre wired just plug and play.

Search the attached image part numbers for cheaper location on Amazon or eBay.

-Byron

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,187 Posts
I think it's just DEPO (no 't' on the end). I have DEPO fogs/DRLs and was very impressed by the quality; they've been on the car for years with no issues. The wiring harness was actually heavier gauge wiring than the stock assemblies.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
25 Posts
I looked at several brands of headlights that ran from $180 to $360 and all of them had about equal positive and negative reviews. I suspect the biggest difference is in the installers. :) The only lookout I would offer is some have a gray/silver inside reflector and some are black -- make sure that you are getting the one you want.

Quicker and much less expensive, not to mention way easier, is to buy a good headlight refinish/restoral kit -- one of the multi-step/stage kits, not the wipe-on liquids. One of those and a high speed corded drill and you can have both headlights looking like new in an hour -- with most of that time being taping around the lenses.

I just did it and couldn't be more satisfied.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
414 Posts
While I am unfamiliar with that brand, The protuninglab allegedly has some direct fit dual halo HID lights ready to drop in.

I can not speak for their quality as I haven't used them before.

-Byron

·
Registered
2007 CTS V, 1 7/8" Kooks, Magnaflow Exhaust w/ X pipe
17 Posts
Crap, those are so bright compared to mine right now!! I've also been looking into getting new headlight housings only because the rubber surrounds on the headlights have cracked and opened up. I have used a restoration kit with great success but I failed to clearcoat the lens and now its clouding up again. I just dont know if I can find new rubber surrounds for the originals. Anyone have insight on just ordering the rubber surrounds??

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Crap, those are so bright compared to mine right now!! I've also been looking into getting new headlight housings only because the rubber surrounds on the headlights have cracked and opened up. I have used a restoration kit with great success but I failed to clearcoat the lens and now its clouding up again. I just dont know if I can find new rubber surrounds for the originals. Anyone have insight on just ordering the rubber surrounds??
What do you use to clearcoat the lenses after restoration? Mine are really bad, I've restored in the past on my 03 CTS but no clearcoat meant the fogging got worse than it was originally.

·
Registered
2007 CTS -V 2013 SRX
11 Posts
I need to replace both my front headlights on my 07 V due to moisture inside the housing. The dealer told me one side is discontinued and the other is 1000.00. Does anyone know an after market parts place that either sells new or refurbished units?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,187 Posts
I need to replace both my front headlights on my 07 V due to moisture inside the housing. The dealer told me one side is discontinued and the other is 1000.00. Does anyone know an after market parts place that either sells new or refurbished units?
I moved your post into an older thread that lists some good aftermarket options. See the posts that are now above yours in this thread.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
414 Posts
I really like the depo brand ones from rock auto. 4+ years now, plug and play and better electronics than the OEM. They are complete stock replacement lights.

-Byron

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really like the depo brand ones from rock auto. 4+ years now, plug and play and better electronics than the OEM. They are complete stock replacement lights.

-Byron
Great to hear it works just fine for years! We'll just finish installing the parts from napa and 4Wheelonline on the current truck project and will work on buddy's 2006 CTS-V.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts