Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contrary to what the FAQ lists it turns out Hawk does make 665 thickness rear pads. I just got a set last week in the HAWK EP+ compound.

The pads do dust more then stock but the improvement in brake feel is noticeable. Curious to see if the rear calipers discolor from the increased friction like the front calipers did at my next track day. You know, I'm just DIEING to have orange calipers on all 4 corners...not.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Aaron is it part number HB440.606. I was searching the other night and came across a really good discount site that had the fronts and rears but I'd like to confirm it's the same.

Thanks!!!

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Staxxin said:
Aaron is it part number HB440.606. I was searching the other night and came across a really good discount site that had the fronts and rears but I'd like to confirm it's the same.

Thanks!!!
Actually the part number was HB194.665.

It fit my V just fine but thats because I had slightly worn rotors.

After installing these pads on a V with brand new rotors it was quite a tight fit. To tight for my liking. The brake pads will drag for the first 15 miles.

I renig my previous advice and recommend a smaller thickness pad.

BTW that 606 number you posted is for a standard CTS, not the V.

Thanks,

·
Registered
531 Posts
i had the 665 pads and had to remove them. the pads should not drag, those pads were too thick. had to go witd 194.570. if your calipers changed colors that ia an indication of heat build up, not good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
c5racr1