Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd better introduce myself. I live in the Pacific NW and find myself a proud and satisfied ower of a 2004 V with 3000 miles on it.

My 83 year old Dad (happy Fathers Day, Dad!!) decided if he was ever going to own a 'vette, he better make his move, so I took his V and found some hard-core BMW guy to take my 330i. Everyone's happy!

Overall, this is a much more satisfying car than the 330i. Shifter and the Logic 7 harman/kardon stereo are better in the BMW, but that is about it. Some of you guys complain about the interior fit and finish, but I think it is every bit as good as the Bimmer. I like the extra room too. And as Joseph Stalin once said, "quantity has a quality all it's own"; there is simply no substitute for the grunt of a small block V-8.

Thanks for everyone's input when I was making my decision. I appreciated all the advice.

Bryan

My new baby:

Dad's new baby:

My (former) overpriced poseur:

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
:welcome:
An '04 with 3315 miles. That's sweet!
And your Dad sounds like a really cool guy too.
Good Father's Day post. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you'll enjoy completely.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Congrat's on the V.
RT needs one now.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Overall, this is a much more satisfying car than the 330i. Shifter and the Logic 7 harman/kardon stereo are better in the BMW, but that is about it. Some of you guys complain about the interior fit and finish, but I think it is every bit as good as the Bimmer. I like the extra room too. And as Joseph Stalin once said, "quantity has a quality all it's own"; there is simply no substitute for the grunt of a small block V-8.
It always makes my heart feel good to see another BMW convert. I have always felt they were overrated, but the last one I drove was a 99. But yes, there is nothing quite like an American OHV V8.

And I dont think any of us really have any problem with the fit and finish of the interior. It is the appearance. Especially if it is all black. It's like a cavern. And it just looks cheap; that doesnt mean it is cheap.

Welcome to the club. And if you want some laughs, you can see here my solution to the interior (and see how I got roasted):
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/106355-installed-dash-trim-kit.html

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
IBG

Welcome!! I'm giving up on silver; my next V is gonna be black. If your dad can drive his first Vette at 83, I can wash my damned car every day at 50.

And, yeah, lol, your F1's need air.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Whoa! That black looks really nice! Welcome, too.

3k miles? Where are you guys finding these gems?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts