Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
cts 2003
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm new to the site, with an old CTS I hate it lol nothing but probs. BUT I did give it new life this weekend. Lowering kit, rims, grille, an a plastidip paint job. Along with other random things that needed a fix it was a LONG weekend. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
That looks sick man. How much dip did you need? Like a whole new car, sucks it's given you so many problems. Mines been extremely reliable.

·
Registered
cts 2003
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use about three and a half gallons on the car And rims. Thanks guys I think it looks ten times better. The lowering springs I hope will settle a little more I went with 18's I think I should of did 20's if it doesn't drop any more. Here is a crappy pic of what it looked like and the back end redone.

Attachments

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
Looks like you did a good job. My opinion, the lack of the CTS emblem and crest on the grille takes much from the appeareance of the car. Also, the way you did the rear, seems like you have covered your reverse lights....or am I missing something.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
apparently running 20" rims fixes all the problems with the CTS. you may want to give it a try.

·
Registered
cts 2003
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I covered the reverse lights who needs them lol. I don't want 20's really but I also don't want all that wheel gap. It rides a ton diff already with the springs and rims I don't want to cut the new springs then it will ride worst. I will prob just live with it.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
or, you can get 20s

·
Registered
2003 cts
188 Posts
I know in oregon Cali and Nevada covering the reverse lights is illegal. Don't know how it is wherever you are, it looks good though. I like satin black. Similar color to what I'm doing with my accents and accessories on my car.

·
Registered
cts 2003
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Legal not legal blah blah lol. But thanks. I am going to do camo green next I think. After I get sick of this.

·
Registered
2006 CTS Sport
260 Posts
Looks amazing. My cars previous owner had some body work done on the car and its slightly visible. This might be a great way of just making the car look brand new again. I love Matte black.

·
Registered
cts 2003
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was about three and a half gallons and I didn't do the jams because I didn't know if I would like it or how it holds up. So 4 gallons I would say with jams. And I used a paint gun.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
well since you asked.
heres mine on 20" rims, eibach pro kit, FE4 and V sways. i think you deciding to get the 20" rims is a great idea.
(p.s i have selective hearing/reading)

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
ghettomike said:
well since you asked.
heres mine on 20" rims, eibach pro kit, FE4 and V sways. i think you deciding to get the 20" rims is a great idea.
(p.s i have selective hearing/reading)
Did you paint the one part of your headlight? I was going to do that when I tinted my tails and fogs. I wanted to follow the body line with the tint. Can you PM me a pic or two?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts