Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Ive been lurking for a little over a year when I thought I might be able to get a CTS. I never thought it would actually happen!! Kinda snuck up on me!! While its not really set in stone i have agreed to purchase an 03 white diamond luxury sport from my dad. I have pretty much purchased it already and i am driving it now. the only possibilty is if I dont get this new job (which Im about 98% sure i got the job) I might have to give the CTS back. Well, great forum here love reading up on my new rig!!

By the way im from des Moines, Iowa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
:welcome: to the Forums. Post some pics of the CTS when you get a chance.
BTW a pre-congratulations on the new job are in order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :bouncy: Wait till you see how bad it gets when you see all the mods you want to do. Buckle up and hang on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe thanks for the welcomes guys!! yeah i pretty much have my mod strategy already in place. chceck it out:

air intake probably tony style
tint windows- 70% front, 20% rear (wanna stay legal)
wheels- thinking 19x8.5 with 245/40/rz19
lowering kit- not sure yet, will it work with my wheel setup i want?? also my driveway is pretty steep and i dont want the car to bottom out
exhaust- has to be true dual exhaust. i was thinking the rsm setup or borla
Lund headers
dvd navigation

alot of this will actually happen very quick since this new job is a huge step up for me!!

let me know what you guys think of my mod strategy and ideas!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
if you go with 19's and 40 series i don't see a reason to lower it. that should look pretty proportional the way it is. devil concours has 19's (i believe) and his car looks very nice.

tonya, great idea...tint, great idea, exhaust...really depends on what sound you want...

b&b: louder
borla: in the middle i pressume
corsa: quieter (the system for the 3.2 isn't true dual)

no idea about the lund headers, the nav is a great idea, i'd like to do the mod myself sometime if i run into about 2 g's that i want to burn on it and not something else...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
if you go with 19's and 40 series i don't see a reason to lower it. that should look pretty proportional the way it is. devil concours has 19's (i believe) and his car looks very nice.

tonya, great idea...tint, great idea, exhaust...really depends on what sound you want...

b&b: louder
borla: in the middle i pressume
corsa: quieter (the system for the 3.2 isn't true dual)

no idea about the lund headers, the nav is a great idea, i'd like to do the mod myself sometime if i run into about 2 g's that i want to burn on it and not something else...
He sholud be able to add the 3.6 dual exhaust for about $125 installed vs $1000 for a Borla.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
RobertCTS said:
He sholud be able to add the 3.6 dual exhaust for about $125 installed vs $1000 for a Borla.
i was only talking aftermarket exhaust options...

yes, of course there are other options out there like the 3.6 exhaust and V-exhaust. of course, i would't necessarily advise the v exhaust on the 3.2...but you all already know that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but is the 3.6 exhaust going to have high flow cats and mufflers?? will there be much hp difference between the stock 3.6 exhaust and the borla exhaust. the rsm exhaust setup claims 18hp at the rear wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
nickc50310 said:
but is the 3.6 exhaust going to have high flow cats and mufflers?? will there be much hp difference between the stock 3.6 exhaust and the borla exhaust. the rsm exhaust setup claims 18hp at the rear wheels.
Not a whole lot on the 3.6 exhaust but it is a true dual exhaust and some improvement is to be expected but the sound should be about the same. The CTS-V exhaust is a nice improvement and does change the sound. Combined with the TonyA or Volant gives a really impressive sound. I have $165 in both my TonyA and CTS-V exhaust.
That savings went a long way towards my 18" rims.:)

Don't believe those aftermarket claims. Volant and Borla promises something like 15HP each. Know way will you get 30HP with these mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
i don't know about that...i would think the difference in sound between the borla and stock 3.6 would be pretty noticeable. the cats stay the same in either case...no high flow cats. where the differences lie are the resonator (stock vs higher flowing borla) and the mufflers (again stock vs higher flowing borlas).

and of course with the borla you get tips, solid mandrel bends and full stainless...but you're talking about a difference of around 700-800 dollars...so budget is the huge factor here...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i thought the v exhaust didnt have enough back pressure for my 3.2?? :bighead:

i think i will go with the borla or rsm probably.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
and of course with the borla you get tips, solid mandrel bends and full stainless...but you're talking about a difference of around 700-800 dollars...so budget is the huge factor here...
You get all this with the CTS-V exhaust for $125 and it still sound like a Cadillac..not a HotRod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
TripleOught said:
if you go with 19's and 40 series i don't see a reason to lower it. that should look pretty proportional the way it is. devil concours has 19's (i believe) and his car looks very nice.
tonya, great idea...tint, great idea, exhaust...really depends on what sound you want...
b&b: louder
borla: in the middle i pressume
corsa: quieter (the system for the 3.2 isn't true dual)
no idea about the lund headers, the nav is a great idea, i'd like to do the mod myself sometime if i run into about 2 g's that i want to burn on it and not something else...
Lowering a car isn't always for looks...
The Corsa system for the 3.2L isn't a true dual. But! They make an exhuast system for the 3.6L, which will bolt to the 3.2L. True Dual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
Lowering a car isn't always for looks...
The Corsa system for the 3.2L isn't a true dual. But! They make an exhuast system for the 3.6L, which will bolt to the 3.2L. True Dual.

theres a good idea!! hmmmmmmmmmm. should i put my tax return in january towards rims or exhaust??? probably rims but we will see! really sucks im going to have 3k extra in the next month or two but i want to pay off my credit card debt, booooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top