Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Do you like the new GTO?

• Would love to have one.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Wouldn't want one even if it was being given away.

Votes: 3 30.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,702 Posts
well considering the fact that this car has been proven to be exceptional in handling(suppose to hang with the best). Not too flashy in and out. I would love to own one. It has sbc so aftermarket would be beyond anything in this world.
SBC + exceptional handling + 6speed manual = nice car that i would own.
Quality of the workmanship should be above current gm cars if it's being shipped from aussie.

I do agree with the GTO name not appropriate for the car.

· Registered
3,702 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
I think they should have called it, "GTP".
since they already had their 255hp/280lbft "GTP" planned, it could have been better for them use a different name not gto. maybe they should have just called it monaro

· Registered
3,702 Posts
87CoupeDeVille said:
I agree the styling is pretty bland, but I also remember from reading a preliminary review that the estimated 0-60 time was somehwere in the low to mid 6 second range. That seemed a little on the slow side, but I also seem to remember it having a pretty chunky curb weight too. I wouldn't buy one.
This car is same as holden's(gm's australia division) monaro. Despite its heavy curve weight (3600lb), this car has been proven in australia to hang with the best in the twisties.
5.7 ls1 + 6speed manual + rwd platform = FUN!!!
I would love to drive one. As i said earlier i like the car except for its name GTO

edit: link to monaro
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=12001

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.