Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
cts
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of blacking out my whole car an was interested in good grille deals you guys know of? An I was wondering if any one has used the vht nightshade spray with any success? Iv heard mixed stories!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
722 Posts
ctsboiha said:
Im in the process of blacking out my whole car an was interested in good grille deals you guys know of? An I was wondering if any one has used the vht nightshade spray with any success? Iv heard mixed stories!
I used vht on all my lights except the headlights and they came out great. It's all about preparation and spraying temperature. If done right it will be just want you want.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
722 Posts
ctsboiha said:
Is there a diy on the vht? An any ideas on the grille s?
There's alot of videos on YouTube just use your best judgement on which you choose to follow. Or google your ass off for more info. Wet sanding before is a MUST, after is up to you but highly recommended and a few coats of clear coat to protect the vht for a longer period of time from the sun.

·
Registered
2003 cts
188 Posts
If I was doing it I would start with 180 grit paper than 300, 500 and 1000. Than wet sand with with 1500 and 2000. You could keep going up but 2k is enough in my opinion than clean it with an all purpose cleaner. I'm not familiar with the product your using but if spay an adhesion promoter on the surface first! If the product doesn't have a promoter mixed in. Follow the directions you should wait between 5- 15 minutes between coats. Lastly clear coat never hurt anybody spray some on if you want to it can only make it better.

·
Registered
2004 cts sport
856 Posts
Ghetto mike did a good job painting ours. Best feature of the tons of mods I've done much cleaner than the mesh v grilles

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
I am on the other side of the fence. I have painted a million things in my life with great success. For some reason tho, VHT seems to wanna make my life miserable. I've done hours of prep on lights and usually had them fail. I just ordered a tail light tint and will be getting it this week. I will try it and let you guys know how it turns out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts