Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS V8
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the normal stock grill on my 05 STS, its not bad but i really want the nice billet mesh or chrome mesh one, whatever you call it. I have seen it from $400 to $500 online, anyone know where i can find it cheaper, and if not, does anyone knnow a reliable store to order it from? Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
i also would like to purchase a new grill. i really like the cadillac 16 design but i would also consider a mesh grill. my only problem is the price. i think its way overpriced for what it is. i know its a custom piece but would love to find it lower somewhere..anyone have suggestions?

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Have you clicked on any of the advertisement banners at the top or the ad cubes to the right? There are several authorized vendors with an excellent section of aftermarket Cadillac grilles...

·
Registered
2015 XTS Luxury
162 Posts
Agreed. I realize its a specialty item, but its hard to put $400-$500 into something no one really needs. We're all taking a big enough bath on the trade in values and this purchase would not add comfort, utility or value. If the shops would drop the price to, oh say, $200-$250 it would be easier to justify.

·
Registered
364 Posts
not only easier to justify but more people would upgrade to these grills. but to be honest with you these are the grills that cadillac should have put on the car to begin with. not some cheap plastic crap that not only fades but also stains and chips. hell, if the chrysler 300 can have various factory grills at purchase time so should the sts at its higher price point.

·
Registered
2005 STS Luxury Performance
111 Posts
ever thought about having your stock grill color matched? the few I've seen look sharp from a distance, never seen one up close though...

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts

·
Registered
06 Cadillac STS
352 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
If they were cheap ($100) then lots more people would have them. You gotta pay to play, my STS stand out all the more (Dual Mesh).

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
If you buy a V, you get the grill thrown in for free :p

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
Hello,
The D3 grille is painted to match. This adds a much more sportier look!

Thank you,

That grill looks like the trim is painted body color. That means you would probably have to have it painted to match your car. That would off-set any savings vs. the E&G grill, which has chrome trim and is ready to install as delivered.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts