Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my tranny flush accomplished per the latest TSB, V run great no more vibration/shutter. Wanted to confirm tranny fluid level was correct, that when I leaned after looking for 10 mins for a tranny dip stick that we don't have one!! Now that's first for all my GM vehicles ever owned! So you have to go to dealership for any tranny fluid change in the future, no more do it yourself fluid/filter preventive maintenance. Makes you go HUM!!!!!

Mike
Any updates on the new fluid? How many miles since? I'm trying to follow this thread to see if this is really a fix or just something to get the cars past the warranty period. I have an LS3 A6 now, but want the v3 only if the new fluid lasts at least a significant time before needing exchanged.

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
370 Posts
Guys,

I had this trans TSB performed last week along with a repair of my Recaro seat logic board (mind of its own).

The transmission flush seems to have stopped the shudder in its tracks and the car is fine. They said to allow 200 miles for it to take but I noticed the improvement straightaway-yay!

The Recaro seat fix had to do with the seat bolsters adjustment. Periodically, the switches on the sides would do nothing (usually the screen tells you which adjustment you are making) but I'd get no operation. Worse still was each time you'd shut the car off, the bladders would pump up. On a road trip where you are in and out lots, this aspect was a real pain. This fix took days because after they replaced the seat switch, the bladders still automatically and arbitrarily pumped up. I have the feeling that this option was so rare for them that they were at a loss...and why I like Capital Cadillac is that they are very honest about it. They got into a conference with the GM Tech Center who directed them to replace the logic board in the seat. All is well with that repair nowadays.

Glad to have these two things working. I'd have thought the trans was the harder of the two repairs but it wasn't by a mile!

Richard
P.S. I still love my CTS-V

·
Premium Member
2019 CTS-V Sedan
16 Posts
Looks like GM is satisfied with the trans fluid change. Not real certain what a "Fish Bite" or a "Chuggle" is though.

TSB: 18-NA-355: All 8 Speed Models except 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra (new body style) equipped with RPO (MQE)

TSB: 19-NA-121: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra equipped with RPO (MQE)
Shake and/or Shudder During Light Throttle Acceleration Between 25 and 80 MPH (40 and 128 KM/H) at Steady Speed are in GM Service Information to address Torque Converter Shudder.

18-NA-355 and 19-NA-121 have been updated effective July 9, 2019 to eliminate the diagnostics portion within the TSB's and the labor times have been updated to reflect the removal of the diagnostic procedures. Vehicles presented with suspected shudder within the published build dates should have the prescribed fluid exchange procedure performed. The fluid exchange procedure has been very effective at permanently eliminating Torque Converter Shudder.

The published labor operations will pay once per VIN as the fluid exchange has been very effective at permanently at eliminating shudder. Any vehicle that returns with suspect shudder should be diagnosed utilizing using published diagnostics, GDS, PICO Scope or other diagnostic tools. Sometimes shudder is not caused by the torque converter clutch (TCC). In some instances, shudder is fish bite, chuggle, surge or vibration. We have seen cases of suspected TCC shudder turn out to be engine performance, tire/wheel vibration or a driveline vibration.
Thank you for your cooperation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have attached a copy of the TSB that was updated in May 2019. It now has cutoff for some model year 2019 vehicles as they started putting the new fluid into the production lines in the past few months. From what I just saw in the post above mine it looks like the TSB had another update this month and now they will do the flush once per car without verifying it has the shudder problem with the pico tool. The TSB I posted still shows you must verify the shudder with a test drive and the pico tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
462 Posts
Nice. Took me 3 trips and an argument with a second service manager to get mine done since it wasn't "severe enough".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi John
Any chance you can send me this info.....at [email protected] I am very interested in reading through the bulletin if you wouldn’t mind emailing it to me. Many thanks....Mac
2018 ATS-V Coupe
Sorry for the delay Mac but I just sent the email. I also posted TSB 18-NA-355 that was updated in May 2019. For whatever reason it allowed me to post now, not sure why.

·
Registered
2017 Black Raven A8 V Sedan 19 psi
211 Posts
The triple flush for the 8 speed cured all of my issues on my ATS-V.I recommend everyone have it done on there V3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi John, can you also send me the TSB 18-NA-355. Thanks for helping
I posted the TSB on post number 44 of this thread so I will no longer email anyone a copy as you can just download it from my post. It is the May 2019 TSB so it does not reflect the update that came out on July 2019. The July update removes the procedure for the dealer to verify the shudder, all vehicles now get one free flush per vehicle if you tell the dealer you have the shudder problem.

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V Coupe + 2014 Corvette Z51
30 Posts
I had my 2016 Corvette at the dealer yesterday for the 8 speed shudder problem. They did the new flush with the new style fluid and it runs fine now. I asked for a copy of TSB # 18-NA-355 and it is 29 pages as it covers many cars. The problem is I scanned the file and it is about 8 MB and I cannot post a file bigger then 1.5MB to this website. I had the same problem at Corvette Forum but they let me post a file up to 5MB so I just broke it down into two files. Anyone have a easy solution? I can email it if you want, just post or send me a PM.

John
Hi John. Would you please send me the TSB info as well? Appreciated !
I have a 2018 ATS-V. Thanks. Mac [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just purchased a 2016 V from MN and it is going to be at my Cadillac dealer in SC next week. Could you please email me the TSB file please so that I may do a pre-emptive strike while my car is going through inspection please?
Thanks! [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies in advanced for dumb questions. First time Cadillac owner. The shudder is easily recognizable.
Haven’t been to dealership yet, they all seem leery speaking to me over the phone bc of aftermarkets installed. (Lift and tires). Are there discrepancies or clauses regarding aftermarkets? I want to be sure before getting black listed lol. Thanks

41 - 57 of 57 Posts