Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2016 CTS-V
283 Posts
I had my tranny flush accomplished per the latest TSB, V run great no more vibration/shutter. Wanted to confirm tranny fluid level was correct, that when I leaned after looking for 10 mins for a tranny dip stick that we don't have one!! Now that's first for all my GM vehicles ever owned! So you have to go to dealership for any tranny fluid change in the future, no more do it yourself fluid/filter preventive maintenance. Makes you go HUM!!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
74 Posts
Mike, my M3 is the same - no tranny dip stick (no oil dip stick either!) It's all electronic via sensors these days...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my 2016 Corvette at the dealer yesterday for the 8 speed shudder problem. They did the new flush with the new style fluid and it runs fine now. I asked for a copy of TSB # 18-NA-355 and it is 29 pages as it covers many cars. The problem is I scanned the file and it is about 8 MB and I cannot post a file bigger then 1.5MB to this website. I had the same problem at Corvette Forum but they let me post a file up to 5MB so I just broke it down into two files. Anyone have a easy solution? I can email it if you want, just post or send me a PM.

John
Hi John,
can you pleas email me with that. Im having a heck of a time getting GM to change my fluid out. I bought a 2015 imported from Canada, bad idea. They are telling me this new bulletin says only for US vehicles.
[email protected]

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my 2016 Corvette at the dealer yesterday for the 8 speed shudder problem. They did the new flush with the new style fluid and it runs fine now. I asked for a copy of TSB # 18-NA-355 and it is 29 pages as it covers many cars. The problem is I scanned the file and it is about 8 MB and I cannot post a file bigger then 1.5MB to this website. I had the same problem at Corvette Forum but they let me post a file up to 5MB so I just broke it down into two files. Anyone have a easy solution? I can email it if you want, just post or send me a PM.

John
Hi John, could you please email to me at [email protected] ? I just purchased a 2016 Silverado and am experiencing TCC shudder. Would like to print and bring TSB when going back to the dealer. Thanks!

·
Registered
None
11 Posts
Update... Just had the TSB 18-NA-355 performed on my 16'ESV..... Prior to the most current TSB, I fallowed TSB 16-na-175C and the dealership replaced my TC and performed a single transmission flush and installed the Mobil 1 synthetic LV ATF HP and a fast learn performed.. The rumble strip vibration went away but still had a slight vibration at highway speeds around 55 - 80mph and last week pulling out of a parking space the transmission vibrated vigorously for the first 30 to 40yrds or so and then went back to normal. (Normal for me is I don't feel vibrations through town or at slow speed. Only feel vibrations at highway speeds) ... I just took my vehicle into the dealership and they performed the testing required per TSB 18-NA-355. They could not get the pco-scop to register a high enough vibration so they would not warranty the repair. I believe this was because the last TSB 16-na-175 fixed most of the vibration and the small vibrations would not register per 18-na-355. Since I had the TC replaced and transmission flushed once before and had the Mobil 1 installed, I did not have a 3 flush process done at this time but I did proceeded to pay out of pocket $700 and have the dealership perform a second flush per 18-NA-355. I also had them replace the transmission filter. I did this because the last TSB only required a Torque Converter and Mobil 1 synthetic LV ATF HP. To my understanding the New Mobil 1 is a new formula Mobil 1. This is why you see a black label and a blue label Mobil 1. Correct me if I a wrong. Either way I wanted a second flush performed just to see what would happen.... All vibrations are gone driving through town and at slow speeds but I still have small constant vibrations at highway speeds... I guess 18-na-355 worked somewhat.

·
Registered
ATS-V
29 Posts
So I just dropped my 2017 CTSV off at the dealer for this. I would be cruising along at 50-55 with no change to the throttle or anything else and would occasionally feel it. But as soon as it went into 4-cyl mode, I actually had to blip the throttle or let off to get it back into V8 mode to stop the shake.
The advisor said he'd seen it on Escalades, but mine was the first V to come in with the issue. I'll post an update as soon as they let me know what the deal is.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
462 Posts
Just wait until they tell you that your shudder is within acceptable parameters according to their test equipment.
That's where I am right now with my ATS base model.

·
Registered
ATS-V
29 Posts
It's already done. They did a trans flush. Going to get it tonight. I had an ATSV before and this is what they did previously. The problem reoccurred less than a year later.

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V Coupe + 2014 Corvette Z51
30 Posts

John
Hi John
Any chance you can send me this info.....at [email protected] I am very interested in reading through the bulletin if you wouldn’t mind emailing it to me. Many thanks....Mac
2018 ATS-V Coupe

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
370 Posts
I am to have an appointment about this and my Recaro seats that blow up (or else won't) on their own. I'll let you know how it goes.

I can force a down shift when the shudder occurs in 8th and OD by downshifting to 7th and the shudder disappears so for sure it is transmission related.

Richard

21 - 40 of 57 Posts