Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my next planned addition to the 2K1-CS, the rear spoiler is painted factory silver so it will be a direct install and the front lip will need to be painted...

The lower vents on the front lip will be used for brake cooling ducts, I also have side skirts from a 99 Sport coming in soon....

I will have to post more pictures once everything is here and on the car...

Enjoy!

And this is waht it will look like...

And the front lip as well...

·
Registered
2001 Catera Y57XE
203 Posts
can you give me info on the vendor of the front spoiler? I've only seen them in europe and they don't want to ship to Canada. Looking forward to the install pics

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you give me info on the vendor of the front spoiler? I've only seen them in europe and they don't want to ship to Canada. Looking forward to the install pics
I had a friend get it for me, as the seller wouldn't ship to USA... I had to wait for a few weeks as they make them or store them in Poland so then it had to be shipped to the UK, and now from UK to USA... so the price is only 55-BP but after shipping it will be well over 300USD probably... sad but true... shipping is what kills it.

He posts every now and then on the eBay.co.uk under Omega B Spoiler...

Otherwise I will try to have them installed by the end of July!

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys but I couldnt resist it, I had to tease ya a bit...

Here are a few shots to give you an idea of how it will look.

Fits perfectly with the lines of the side skirts.

Basically fitments is perfect, the lower cutouts seem like they were designed after the fog lights... and the whole thing is made out of fiberglass but the finish is outstanding..

I will be posting pictures of the progress as paint and other prep work gets on the way!

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Man, all you need is some side skirts, and a back bumper skirt and your set, that looks so clean, you could leave 'em black and they'ed still look phat....MV6 I bow to your omega greatness:worship:

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Looking at the pics again, you could skip the side skirts and it would still look clean and streamlined...Again so jealous....

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man I love the way those side skirts look on some of the European Omegas but this thing was difficult enough to get over here, and it matches the OEM ones so well that I think its gonna be just it... if I can spare some cash in the future, then I may think about it.

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
Man I love the way those side skirts look on some of the European Omegas but this thing was difficult enough to get over here, and it matches the OEM ones so well that I think its gonna be just it... if I can spare some cash in the future, then I may think about it.
Looks sharp. That's the same Air Dam I have hanging in my garage waiting for the money for a respray of the car. I have the Steinmetz skirts too. I was looking for '99 Catera Sport skirts but couldn't find any used ones. They have a different contour from the standard ones. They are thicker just behind the front wheels and even thicker ahead of the rear wheels. Not as aggressive as the Irmscher or Steinmetz but not as tucked under as the standard ones. I don't know why Cadillac didn't grace the '00-'01 Sports with them.

1999 Catera Sport:

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
Man, I need a front lip bad! After I put the GTO spoiler on, a lip is a must. Especially now that the car is lowered.

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I talked to my buddy and he is willing to help us out but they are costly...

I noticed their price just went up... the guy priced them at 75GBP + 15GBP Shipping to the UK. so thats 90GBP to ship it to him... if we gat a batch order of maybe 3... then shipping to the states is another 140GBP... and then shipping from here to wherever you guys are is going to cost us money too...

So the way I figured its around 140GBP/lip to ship it to the US...

1 British pound = 1.6429 U.S. dollars

SO thats around 230$/lip
Then shipping from here will probably another 20-30 so for around 250/lip I can have him order a couple and then have him ship them to me... but trust me the shipping is what kills the deal... sadly!

But I will be painting and putting mine on this weekend so I will be sure to post pictures...

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
When you mount the airdam please include pictures of your mounting method. Do you bolt it on or use some kind of brackets? Mine came without instructions or hardware. I assume I just drill holes and use big fender washers and nuts & bolts. Any rubber gaskets between the dam and front valance? When you get around to the rockers please do the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
Opel Omega Limousine 3.2 Executive | 2003 | Automatic.
110 Posts
Just to tease you all

Irmscher front lip

Irmscher front lip and Irmscher grill mounted on an Opel Omega Caravan (Station)

Peter

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Well I talked to my buddy and he is willing to help us out but they are costly...

I noticed their price just went up... the guy priced them at 75GBP + 15GBP Shipping to the UK. so thats 90GBP to ship it to him... if we gat a batch order of maybe 3... then shipping to the states is another 140GBP... and then shipping from here to wherever you guys are is going to cost us money too...

So the way I figured its around 140GBP/lip to ship it to the US...

1 British pound = 1.6429 U.S. dollars

SO thats around 230$/lip
Then shipping from here will probably another 20-30 so for around 250/lip I can have him order a couple and then have him ship them to me... but trust me the shipping is what kills the deal... sadly!

But I will be painting and putting mine on this weekend so I will be sure to post pictures...

When take into account how far the part has to travel, the price is not so bad. I wish I could afford it right now. If the offer is still availible in the next few months, I'll jump at it for sure.

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is the finished results... the paint job cost me around 50$ total and it turned out fantastic!

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yowza !:eek: very nice front end
Thanks man, thats probably the best looking lip for the Caddy front bumper... the cutouts seem to be designed after the fog lights because they align with them perfectly...

Next job is to trim the OEM bumper and to fit hoses for brake cooling! But more on that subject at another time :shhh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts