Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Escalade EXT, '98 SLS, '98 STS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After selling my '96 STS and my 2001 Yukon Denali recently I had been quietly shopping for the right deal to come along on a Escalade EXT or Sierra Denali. I loved both of the old cars, so combining them in to one made sense.

Here are some photos of the old cars:

My new Escalade was being sold out in California by a Swedish only used car dealership. It is a Pewter 2003 (same color as my old Denali, great color), with only 45k and Navigation. Being 1500 miles away I had to take the risk of buying sight unseen, but the dozens of photos, clean carfax, and overall attitude of the dealers put me somewhat at ease. Thankfully the truck arrived early this morning very, very dirty and covered with oil from the car overhead, but exceeded my expectations. Just a few PDR-able dings/scratches, missing a parking sensor, dented chrome plastic on the running boards, and needs 2 tires. I suspect the owner was elderly because of the Grandpa marks and 50's 60's radio presets on the XM. Bone stock of course, and I plan on keeping it that way.

I will soon service the diffs, transfer case, and transmission, and have the it cherried out again. Here are some photos;

·
Registered
2002 Escalade AWD
1,025 Posts
:welcome5:

Its nice to hear a positive outcome of a long distance internet purchase.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT, 1999 GMC Yukon Denali, 1986 Toyota AE86
75 Posts
Good choice! Your gonna love it!! Nothing compares, And ive driven plenty of differnt SUV's. But the EXT style, and utility is unmatched!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
04' Escalade
34 Posts
What a gorgeous EXT, great purchase and I am sure you will be very happy with her! Does she have any other issues besides the dinged up running boards? Mine had the same issues when I bought her, I went to the Dealer in Denver to check on replacement prices and they quoted me like close to $500 a piece for them and tried to justify it by saying that included the grey running board cover/protector :cookoo: So if you do find a reasonable replacement option shoot me a yell because I would love to replace mine.

Matt

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the exact same thing (going to the dealer) and laughed my way out of there. I'll a salvage yard search at some point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, today I officially became a part of the service ride control club. The search function is my friend. Compressor seems to be kicking on and maintaining ride height.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts