Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering a new Escalade and Yukon Denali SWB. Since this is a Caddy forum I'm going to ask you fine Escalade owners to convince me the Escalade is worth the ~$10k premium. Go...

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
I've been considering a new Escalade and Yukon Denali SWB. Since this is a Caddy forum I'm going to ask you fine Escalade owners to convince me the Escalade is worth the ~$10k premium. Go...
Both are nice, but the Escalade has more sex appeal. The platinum model stands out the most. If that is too pricy then try to get a premium loaded the way you like it. It's the next best thing to the platinum. And more importantly if I were you I would wait for the 2016 model year, just to make sure they have all the cue issues and the vibration issues worked out.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ROADRUNNER2 said:
If you have the money then you can easily see the difference without anyone here trying to convince you.
I don't believe in overpaying. I have friends with much more money than I and spending money wisely is one reason why they are in their financial position. As for "seeing" the difference, I'm not sure I do. The front end I'll give to the E, the back goes to the D (those long tail lights on the E are questionable), and the side view is a draw. Interior goes to the E but I already have the same in my CTS VSport.

·
Registered
90 Posts
While similar there are a few distinct differences. My Denali listed at 80,600 (Edited) so you could get a E for less but you give up a lot on the tech side.

A few off the top of my head.

16 speakers verses 10
Wind dampers in grill
Sport mode for suspension
Cue verses Intellelink
Upgraded interior

·
Registered
'15 ESV, '12 CTS
126 Posts
I went through a similar process. I chose the Escalade primarily for its interior DESPITE the CUE system. I would rather have had the Denali center stack. I think (though of course it's all personal) that the D has a better looking front and back end, though not by much. I also think the D is a little more understated from the public point of view or perception, and so I would rather have that than the "brassiness" of the E. Ultimately I probably chose the E because the Dealership are friends and they couldn't order a GMC for me. I don't believe you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
You can't get the 360 camera system in the Denali. That's really the ONLY feature aside from CUE. Seats are different in the Denali over the Escalade. The Denali has wider seats and wider headrests. The Escalade has sportier seats which are firm, but still very comfortable for long drives. Adaptive MRC shocks in the Escalade are also a plus although I never put the truck in sport mode.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Nothing else looks like Escalade....you either like the "brashness" of both the front and the rear or you don't! I do! ....and the CUE system? Well.....i have experienced similar high-end electronics in Toyota, Mercedes and Ford, and frankly, I think the CUE is the cleanest, easiest to use of them all! I'm not sure ( and have not searched this forum ) why some folks don't like it...... it ALWAYS works for me! ....I have the Kona interior in my Premium.....and feels, smells, and looks better than the Mercedes i traded! I'm not sure I would have had the same feeling in a brand new Denali......the difference was worth it to me.

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
I was in the same boat..Here is my rationale:
If you look at historical actual vehicle values after a period of time (in my case I go in and outa a vehicle every 42 months or so), the Cadillac should be worth about $5k more than the Denali. this being said, the real delta is actually $5k. Btw..i don't care about bank residuals, I study Manheim wholesale auction result data. For that amount, driving the Cadillac for $5k more is a no brainer.

·
Registered
cts v sport
55 Posts
I have owned a 2007 Denali XL and currently own a 2013 Denali. Both have been trouble free. I monitor this website as I am the owner of a 2014 CTS V-Sport. As such I am familiar with the CUE system. I have been considering trading my 2013 for an Escalade, now that the prices on the 2015 Denali have risen substantially. However, given the problems reported with both the 2015 Escalade and Denali, I have decided to wait a year or more. I am not a real fan of the CUE system, but am getting used to it. I personally see no real benefit to a sport suspension setting in a very large SUV, but actual owners can chime in on that issue.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Platinum (soon), 2013 Nissan GTR E85 (sold)
49 Posts
I don't believe in overpaying. I have friends with much more money than I and spending money wisely is one reason why they are in their financial position. As for "seeing" the difference, I'm not sure I do. The front end I'll give to the E, the back goes to the D (those long tail lights on the E are questionable), and the side view is a draw. Interior goes to the E but I already have the same in my CTS VSport.
Spending wisely might change what you net but won't change at all what you gross. Let's hypothetically say I net $1M a year. The price difference between the Denali and Escalade suddenly becomes negligible. Time anymore is definitely money. I'd rather spend my time negotiating contracts and talking to contacts than trying to figure out which car is "better"and how I might be "overpaying". That time is spent increasing my overall gross rather than nitpicking my net. I might as well get a two year old used suburban if money saving is the only thing I care about. But at the end of the day, I want a really nice car, whatever, that may be. Final point..."Overpaying" is completely subjective.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
Lots of good pointers in this thread. I feel like you're technically paying too much for any vehicle you buy these days. Who would of thought an SUV thirty years ago could possibly cost 100k or more than a house? Anyway, I feel like the new generation is a better buy than the last gen. My 2009 escalade retailed for almost 75k and it doesn't hold a candle to the new escalade. The build quality to me, seems to be almost a 10 fold. If we want to compare th two, I feel the new ones are a bargain in comparison. However, I do find it a had pill to swallow tossing 100k for a GM product.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
8 Posts
As I have mentioned previously, I am the proud new owner of my first Escalade after having owned every Denali model since they came out. I was set to purchase the 2015 Denali, but my wife convinced me to take a look at the E. We both had admired it from afar, but never seriously considered it until after we had already test drove the Denali and liked it very much. After the test drive of the E, I was sold. This year I can finally see a material difference between the two that justifies the additional cost. Now that I have one, I can't see going back. So, as someone mentioned above, if you can afford the E, it's a no brainer.

I have the 2015i black/kona combo premium SWB 4x4

S

·
0 Posts
Both are nice, but the Escalade has more sex appeal. The platinum model stands out the most. If that is too pricy then try to get a premium loaded the way you like it. It's the next best thing to the platinum. And more importantly if I were you I would wait for the 2016 model year, just to make sure they have all the cue issues and the vibration issues worked out.
I agree with this, I am also waiting until the 2016/17 models come out.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I appreciate everyone who took time to respond to my inquiry. You've all given me great insight. It seems like the best advice is to wait for the MY16 for all the kinks to be worked out. However, I may be tempted with EOY incentives & rebates. :cool2:

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Ordered!!
15 Posts
Theroider:

All due respect but it seems as if you have made up your mind already.

The back lights of the Escalade are fantastic BTW. They literally light up the night and are different than most anything out there. The Denali is certainly snazzy looking but saying that the Denali is even near the same class---as far as the looks of the truck---to the Escalade isn't right.

As others have suggested in the forum, if you don't mind spending the coin, then I would go with the Escalade.

I just washed mine today and love the look.

-Chris
2015i Luxury

1 - 20 of 75 Posts