Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 eldorado
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2000 eldorado with 44k on the car. Really clean car, but I have a CEL. So I ran the codes and I'm getting 5 codes. If someone could please advise. Also, the car starts and runs good.

Codes:

P0135
P0340
P0341
P0135
P0340

I noticed that it repeated the last two, but my obII gave me those codes. Please advise on how to get this corrected by me. Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,711 Posts
:highfive: Welcome aboard !!!!

Now, go back to the "How to pull codes" sticky post and open the proper link to the Master Index of code definitions.

Come back and post the code, whether it's Current or History, and the definition of each. (We all have to do the same process - nobody memorizes all the hundreds of possible codes.)

(EDIT: You're looking for an O2 sensor in the top of the rear exhaust manifold [B1S1] as well as the CaMshaft Position sensor [CMP])

·
Registered
2000 eldorado
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried pulling the codes, and apparently i could not understand how to pull the codes on the car: but i plugged in the OBII into the comp, and it showed me these codes...

Pending Codes:

P0135 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0340 - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit

Stored codes:
P0341 - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance
P0340 - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit

MIL DTC
P0135
HO2S-11 (Bank 1 Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction

·
Administrator
70,711 Posts
Here's the CMP and B1S1 - check the wiring harnesses and connectors first. B1S1 is unholy murder to change. CMP is held in by a short 10mm bolt. B1S1 takes magic and an O2 sensor split socket or crow's foot.

Talk to Chris up in RippyParts - Vendors - Cadillac parts man.

·
Registered
2000 eldorado
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there anywhere i can download a repair manual for the car? thanks for the help

·
Administrator
70,711 Posts
Don't know of a free GM manual site, but try www.alldatadiy.com. It's a subscription to the GM manual, all DTC's, RPO's, diagnostics, recalls, labor times, various specifications, workarounds, too much to list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts