Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up new DTS Lux3 Blue Chip/ Cashmere .... we had a STS 1sg for 6 weeks ... the ride was way to harsh .... wife just had spinal/cervical neck surgery ..!! STS was a very cool quick car, but it was NOT what we were looking for right now ... if you want a controlled CADI ride ... please check out the DTS .... don't make a very costly mistake of getting the STS by mistake .... ouch ..!!

pics to come soon ...

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
I test-drove the STS myself, and I know where you're coming from. You're definitely not the type of driver Cadillac is looking for with the STS.. Neither am I. I like the softer riding Cadillacs of a few years ago. If I wanted a BMW, that's what I'd have bought..

Otherwise.. Is the DTS much softer? Give us a comparison, if you don't mind...

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD - 2006 Hummer H3
154 Posts
I had a 06 DTS for loaner while the wifes SRX was in the shop overnight. We both liked the ride much better than the SRX. Got my sights on a DTS for when I trade the truck next year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Administrator said:
I test-drove the STS myself, and I know where you're coming from. You're definitely not the type of driver Cadillac is looking for with the STS.. Neither am I. I like the softer riding Cadillacs of a few years ago. If I wanted a BMW, that's what I'd have bought..

Otherwise.. Is the DTS much softer? Give us a comparison, if you don't mind...
so far the DTS rides much , much better .... the STS we got had the Handling package, 18's , MRC, etc .... it seemed to ride worse than my Anniversary Vette .... i've had several Porsches, BMWs, and many other sports cars the last 15 years .... but now that we wanted a smoother ride that had room for our aging parents in the back seat ... we have the DTS ..

researched everything imaginable ... drove LS430, Jags, Lincolns, and had to keep in mind the depth of our garage,... since i have a workbench taking up a couple feet ...

i enjoyed all the gadgets the STS 1sg had on it .... they were fun , but for the most part fairly un-necessary .... NAV is cool , but i know were i'm going before i leave the house .... Voice Recognition is a interesting concept if everything is quite and we'd all speak the same ... Touch screens are nice but they get lots o figure prints very often .... Magnetic Ride Control doesn't soften the ride, just seems to help keep things under control .... the Michelin Pilot MXV4 tires on the STS suck in every respect ... noise, comfort, traction .... the Northstar V8 is tuned up to the job at 320 hp/315 tq, but gas milage sucked and gentle launches were tricky ..... if you want a 4 door Vette, i think the STS is a great choice ..... but ....

i was looking for a more traditional Cadi type ride .... probably should have taking a look at the Buick Lucerne also .... the DTS lux3 has just enough gadgets that are easier to figure out and are much more user friendly ...
the seats are more comfortable , there is a good deal more room front and rear, it does not drive like a BIG FWD yacht , you have good vision all around,
and yes it has enough get up and go , and a surprisely nice exhaust note in the cabin .... if you need this size car and want a little more Sport, then check out the Performance DTS ...

as with all American cars , the iron depreciates quickly and steeply .... as i found out owning a 05 STS for 6 weeks/1400 miles .... please don't ask how much i lost finding the right car .... the wounds are still leaking ....

just my opinions and limited seat time thus far ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts