1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
It looks like a big Datsun :D

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
NO WAY!! THAT'S A TERRIFIC FOLLOW-UP

Without skipping a beat, it's like a 1975 facelift of the original. I don't like the front grille, that coulda been done smoother, but the rest is great! Like the Challenger that wasn't made for 1975. Imagine when the SRT-8 goes under the hood with 425 HP !

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
I like the basic look, it's obviously 300/Charger based. That makes the sides look to tall in relationship to the roof and the tail lights look like they came from a '68 Barracuda. A few small changes and you have a great car .

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
That will be a seller alright. I think it has great lines but, as said above, the grill blows. All it needs is that 6.1 liter 425 hp SRT engine and it will be awesome.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
The 6.1 will be the option, with either an 4 speed auto or a 6-speed Close Ratio stick. Look for a 4.10:1 Gearing

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I wish the industry would come up with a decent 4 or 5-speed manual for these new high-power applications. A 6-speed is ridiculous. If it were me, I'd do a 5-speed with the 5th gear being only a tall overdrive gear for cruising. You get over 400lb/ft of torque in a little car like these, you DON'T need 6 gears!
That being said, you're probably right Sandy but I seriously doubt you'll see 410 gears. None of the SRT cars use anything near that and they do just fine. Besides, the Hemi is anything but thrifty with respect to gas mileage so I doubt they'd ever saddle one with such short legs.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Wow that car looks amazing! This really brings up D/C in my book!

Forget the Ford GT or the 05 Mustang, this is the coolest retro designed muscle car I have ever seen!

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Mmmmmm...... See.... To me, it looks dated. Especially the windows on the side. They shoulda modernized the side and the roofline...... I'm not a huge Mopar fan so I'm not enticed.....

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
If they changed the side character line, or the windows, or the hood or the short rear deck it would not be retro and therefore would not LOOK like a Challenger, so might as well call it any other name. Having sold them new in 1970-1974 I am very partial to them. They were good cars. I could be real tmepted to buy a SRT-8 / Automatic ~ but I think here in New Jersey the insurance would be staggering. I wanna wait to see the 2007 IMPERIAL. I'll probably go for that. Black Out.

D

·
0 Posts
How cool will it be too have ALL the musclecars back?. GM needs to re-do the exterior of the GTO, Chrysler needs to come out with this car since it kinda did things all wrong with the Charger (although I still would take an SRT8). Still the cycle is almost complete. With the new Stang, a retro Z28 in the works, Challenger, GTO.........its the 60-early 70's all over again but with better chassis, comfort, and performance........hell yes!. The SSR is also a formidable retro musclecar. Now we need a strong RWD retro '70 Chevelle and Buick GS. Too bad Oldsmobile is now gone, a retro 442 would have been sweet.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Destroyer said:
How cool will it be too have ALL the musclecars back?. GM needs to re-do the exterior of the GTO, Chrysler needs to come out with this car since it kinda did things all wrong with the Charger (although I still would take an SRT8). Still the cycle is almost complete. With the new Stang, a retro Z28 in the works, Challenger, GTO.........its the 60-early 70's all over again but with better chassis, comfort, and performance........hell yes!. The SSR is also a formidable retro musclecar. Now we need a strong RWD retro '70 Chevelle and Buick GS. Too bad Oldsmobile is now gone, a retro 442 would have been sweet.
Hell yeah!!!
How nice would it be to have a new "Heavy Chevy"? Or a 442? Maybe even a rag-top version of them? Ya just gotta love it! Back in those days, I only liked the GM A-body cars, the Camaro/Firebirds, the Ford Mustang, and Mopar Challenger/Barracuda. I'm sure there might be some others I'm forgetting but these were the big guns on the street as I recall.

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
It almost seems like it has to happen, to some degree. We're well into a new horsepower war, and with GM's mega financial troubles, it can't afford not to compete. But with cars like this new Challenger, GM is going to have.....well, a challenge. I hope and pray we'll see either a Buick GS or GN. I just hope GM has the balls to put some real engines in their vehicles. A 6.1 Hemi in a Challenger is gonna be one hell of a competitor, but I'm guessing GM will put a slightly detuned LS2 in instead.

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
I think Chrysler is crazy enough to build this. It seems a lot of their concepts make it to production mainly intact.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts