Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a friend of mine who happens to own a 91 Deville. He was telling me how he wanted to get rid of the old emblems and the old hood ornament, and get the newest one ornaments and decals. Both of our cars are very well maintained and look like showroom cars. I thought that I was the only person who wanted to do that, but I figured that it would look VERY weird. What do you all think??

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is nothing weird about personalizing your vehicle.
New car dealers are doing it in their merchandising efforts to differentiate the 6 white Devilles they have for sale from the 6 white Devilles the next dealer has.

Vogue has had another approach with their Vintage and Primiere Editions where they have created some new emblems that replicate emblems from the fifties and they look great.

For 90 or 91 C-Body Devilles, your problems will be the hood ornament and the truck lock cover. The current hood ornaments will not fit the 90-91s and the current models do not have a trunk lock cover.

To achieve a new look, I have removed the Sedan or Coupe scripts, the rear Cadillac script and any engine designation. Then I add current Deville names to the rear quarter panels and the right side of the trunk lid and a '94 Cadillac script to the left side of the trunk lid.
Depending on the customer, I add current model rear wreaths and crests to the sail panel and have all the emblems, old and new gold plated. On a well kept vehicle like yours, this looks great.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I think you're right and it would look weird. To me the new emblems don't match the style of the older cars.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright BLT. Thanks for the input. I like your idea. What I originally did was just remove all the emblems on the car. I don't like the old cursive script on there. Getting rid of those emblems gave it a different cleaner look, but now I wanna do something to it. Maybe get me a custom Hollywood Hicks emblem thingy made. :) I may just go with your idea. Thanks a lot!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts