Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a new set of calipers after a long search for a used set to have powder coated...here's the result. Colored V logo is under the clear, something every powdercoater told me couldn't be done on this 2 stage candy blue color. The guy who did them obviously figured it out...what do you guys think?
I also have the stock full set of calipers for sale off my car for someone who cannot afford to have your car down like me, either in the stock silver which have a few chips and scratches or custom powder coated in any color buyer wants with any logo....details will be in a classified ad section I'm about to put up or send me a Pm.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
That's really eye catching, very nice!

·
Registered
'14 OBM Vagon 6mt
105 Posts
Looks awesome! Ordered my car with the silver calipers, fully intending to powdercoat them a different color someday. Haven't decided what color yet though...

One question...did you have to disassemble or rebuild the calipers for powdercoating?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they were but I didn't do it. I bought brand new calipers and had them shipped directly to powder coater. he did disassembly and all the other stuff that has to happen. on older calipers he said you might need to replace a seal or two but if the cars not tracked he rarely see's any issues with these calipers because they are such high performance items to begin with.

·
Registered
'12 V Coupe batmobile
6 Posts
Did you have to order a new V decal? Ive been planning on doing the exact same thing to my silver calipers? Yours look great though!

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Can you clean them with brake cleaner? I had yellow calipers that I loved, but once they got filthy, I was no longer in love with fancy calipers.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you have to order a new V decal? Ive been planning on doing the exact same thing to my silver calipers? Yours look great though!
the powder coater has the decals...I have never seen color decals like there anywhere else.

----------

Can you clean them with brake cleaner? I had yellow calipers that I loved, but once they got filthy, I was no longer in love with fancy calipers.
I just wash them with dawn dishwashing liquid like I do the wheels so Im not sure about brake cleaner. He said I could use anything to clean them as long as its clearcoat safe.., just like the wheels

1 - 17 of 17 Posts