Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Seville SLS, 92 Eldorado ETC, 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I must ask -- What do you guys think of the new CTS? I looked at two of them today, and I think I wouldn't buy one. I like the looks... Wait, I mean I love the looks; I like the fact that they have BI-xenon headlights in the same projector, but I wouldn't buy one for the simple fact that they are designed from the Chinese SLS. I think Cadillac should bring that car, along with the BLS to America.

I sat in each one with the dealer today, and we went over the car pretty well... I like the new popup touch screen navigation, but bmw and audi have been doing that for quite a while. I am glad GM does the whole DRL thing. I love the way the DRL's look on the models equipped with bi-xenon. I like the hand stitching around the car, but I don't like the sunroof 'power shade'. It is too thin; it’s more like a sheer than a shade. I am glad they are staying with the Cadillac elongated V looks. The upscale model has the chrome v on the seats which looks awesome. I wished they would have done the blacked out gauges like they did on the Seville. I like the LED lighting (white led license plate, reverse light, interior as well), and the ambient lighting, but that has been done for a while now.

When is Cadillac going to wake up and realize that they need to do something all on their own? I mean, sure I like the fact that the screen on the navigation looks like it’s a sticker (not looking LCD like at all, but an actual logo/graphic) it’s awesome when the radio is off and the crest looks like actual chrome, but it’s just the LCD. I like the raised console and the more 'driver in control' feel, but... Cadillac needs to work on regaining the 'Standard of the World' title. I think they need to release the sixteen. We all know it would sell, in small amounts though, but Cadillac needs something that no one else has.

I don’t know, maybe I am being too critical about this, but... It’s not just owning a Cadillac... There is a love.. The love for a fine automobile, the love for something that stands out, something that makes an impression... The love for, well, Cadillac...

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS
218 Posts
Don't take this as an insult hyperb, but I'm not sure where you going with this. Keep in mind what the CTS is. It's the base Cadillac, and for being that, I think it does that job terrifically. It isn't and shouldn't be a Sixteen. Compared to similar cars, 3-series or C-class, there's no hesistation I'd pick the new CTS first.

Esteees, are you sure you've seen the 2008 CTS interior? I don't think bland nor cheap really describe it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Don't take this as an insult hyperb, but I'm not sure where you going with this. Keep in mind what the CTS is. It's the base Cadillac, and for being that, I think it does that job terrifically. It isn't and shouldn't be a Sixteen. Compared to similar cars, 3-series or C-class, there's no hesistation I'd pick the new CTS first.

Esteees, are you sure you've seen the 2008 CTS interior? I don't think bland nor cheap really describe it.
I wasn't referring to the new models, but the previous models. I would expect the 2008 to have a highly more refined interior.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS
218 Posts
That's what I was figuring, but in thread titled 'New CTS' and hyberb's first sentence was 'what do you guys think of the new CTS,' I was confused......

·
Registered
98 Seville SLS, 92 Eldorado ETC, 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that this is a base Cadillac, and yes, it does its job amazingly well. I was looking at the interiors of Infiniti's, BMW's, Lincoln MKZ's and the Audi's and I must say that Cadillac has them all beat, with their own styles. What I am getting at is Cadillac re-designs one model a year, next its going to be the 'V' series of the CTS. If this is what we have to look forward to down the road, Cadillac has to make their own innovation.

By the way, no insult was taken. :)

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS
218 Posts
Actually wasn't the STS redone this year as well?

Alright, maybe its still me because I am completely lost. What sort of innovation are we speaking of? Like offering a V-series varient the same time at model launch?

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
i love the new 08 CTS, I had the privilege of getting in one and playing with it before they were on the assembly line. It was one with every option since the owner works for GM. It was fantastic. The 'mood lighting' option is awesome!

My only concern with it was the hard drive based navigation system, with extreme heat if the car is left out sitting in the sun...over time the plates inside the hard drive will probably warp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts