1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a great deal on a brand new 2017
Cts 2.0 turbo .
I can't turn off the easy exit seat .
It's not in the cue . Yes I looked in the manual . The dealer replaced the cue before I bought it . Is this a simple programming fix ?
And I have 17 inch bridge stone all season tires . No Jack no spare
No air pump nothing .should this car come with something. Or do you have
Call for a tow if you have tire problems

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
348 Posts
Mine has those terrible run-flats, which is supposed to save you by allowing you to drive 80km at 80km/hr on a flat. I don't like them and when I switched to winter tires the softness of the tire makes a huge difference in ride quality. So when I buy new summers I'm not sticking to run-flats. I'll keep one in the trunk as a spare. So no spare tire for me either. I do keep a cheapy tire repair kit and mini inflator in my truck at all times and the inflator specifically has saved my bacon many of times. Haven't used the emergency plug kit yet, but for $15 it's worth having on hand in the trunk.
As per the exit seat, in my 2018 it is set in CUE. So not sure how you adjust in your 2017.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just want to turn the easy exit seat off . The manual says you can do it in the cue . But it's not there so I can't shut it off . Every time I shut off the car the the seat goes way forward and I can't get out . So we've opted not to use the seat programming and just adjust it when ever one of us drives it . It's kinda infuriating
Thanks

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
958 Posts
Just want to turn the easy exit seat off . The manual says you can do it in the cue . But it's not there so I can't shut it off . Every time I shut off the car the the seat goes way forward and I can't get out . So we've opted not to use the seat programming and just adjust it when ever one of us drives it . It's kinda infuriating
Thanks
If you can’t turn it off just set it to the same position as your memory seat 1 and memory seat 2. It won’t move then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would work . Thanks
But if that's the case I can't use the seat programming feature

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kinda thought that's what the dealer
Would say . That's why I came here
I Do appreciate it thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I shouldn't think like that .
Buying the car was a pleasant experience. It didn't take all day .
They didn't play games or lie to me
Unlike some dealers I've dealt with.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,135 Posts
If it really is brand new, with original new tires, it would have run flat tires.
3rd gen CTS does not come with any spare or pump.
Some add a donut or fix a flat. The RF do run for ~ 50miles after a flat.

Mem seats might be controlled by the mem seat buttons, not CUE.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I do in fact have run flat tires
And yes it's a brand new 2017 model.
The dealer ordered way too many 17 models couldn't sell that many .
And this one had a recall for the power steering that took months
For the part to come in and had a stop sell on it for that reason .
I picked it up a week before Thanksgiving. This was there last
2017 left . I got a great deal on it
It's a really nice car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to the manual you can turn off the easy exit seat through the cue . Go to settings. Comfort and convenience. Then there should be an icon for easy exit seat .
The problem is my car has no icon
So I cannot turn it off . I suspect that
When they changed the cue before I bought it they didn't program it properly. Thanks

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
348 Posts
Just bring it back to the dealer, you have warranty on this. Memory seats and easy exit shouldn't be difficult to adjust. So like you said, perhaps they didn't program CUE to have the features even though you have the hardware to do so. Don't get frustrated, the dealer must be able to get it working. For the memory seats it's as simple as holding the set button until it beeps, then hold the 1 or 2 until it beeps, bam, you're done.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,135 Posts
There was an issue back around 2017, where some CUE options were missing, maybe even
intermittently. They may have a newer CUE software update to add for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts