Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I just picked up my 2005 CTS-V 3 weeks ago, and have already added a skip shift eliminator (first thing I did on my 2000 Z28 as well!). I would also like to replace the stock shifter; who makes the best replacement performance shifter? The stock unit is a bit sloppy!

I also have new tires on it, but they are NOT the run-flats. Is there a way I can get a donut spare, or full-size spare into this car? The stock space in the trunk does NOT accomodate it!

Finally, I only got one key/remote when I purchased it. I bought replacements at the local Caddy dealer, but the key is programmed as Key #1, the same as mine. How do I switch it to be Key #2, so it loads all of those personal settings when used?

Thanks!

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
UUC makes the most popular after-market shifter, some will argue if others are better. The UUC can be purchased from Luke or James at Lindsay Cadillac, a Forum Vendor.
Remove the plastic tub from your trunk and a full-size spare will fit fine.
Regarding the key, never had your issue, but someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts
Hello all! I just picked up my 2005 CTS-V 3 weeks ago, and have already added a skip shift eliminator (first thing I did on my 2000 Z28 as well!). I would also like to replace the stock shifter; who makes the best replacement performance shifter? The stock unit is a bit sloppy!

I also have new tires on it, but they are NOT the run-flats. Is there a way I can get a donut spare, or full-size spare into this car? The stock space in the trunk does NOT accomodate it!

Finally, I only got one key/remote when I purchased it. I bought replacements at the local Caddy dealer, but the key is programmed as Key #1, the same as mine. How do I switch it to be Key #2, so it loads all of those personal settings when used?

Thanks!
Most of your questions can be answered here... http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

On the key/remote question I would make the dealer set it up for me.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Yep, buy your UUC shifter and jack kit both from Lindsay.

Personally, I don't leave the house in the V unless I'm heading to the track so I've always got my lo-pro pump jack. I keed, I keed. A little...

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Didn't realize the tub had an insert. I'll check out that shifter as well; too bad Hurst doesn't make one? I had a nice Hurst unit on my 2000 Z28, and it shifted beautifully!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts