Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SRX, CTS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im a new CTS owner, just got a 2010 CTS4 premium with 32k miles and im not really much of a car guy and this car has blown my mind I absolutely love it. But I just have a few random questions for you guys.

I noticed that when im driving I feel air coming into the cabin through my driverside footwells, as im driving when all climate controls are off, I can feel air blowing at my feet, sometimes hot air and sometimes just a bit warm. On hot days this can really be bothersome and I was wondering if maybe someone else had this problem.

Also, my car seems to be an absolute dust magnet, i will literally wash it and within 15 minutes on the drive home from the wash(in not a dirty environment) my car seems to just be dusty. Its very unusual, the car is black and I can draw pictures on the car with the dust, its as if its holding the dust and no matter how many times I wash, the car is instantly dirty all over from the drive home. So that was a concern.

Next, what is your guys average MPG, because from what I remember the CTS milage is supposed to be around 18 city, and I get 15.7, and I drive like a normal person, like to give it some gas every once in a while but otherwise I drive efficiently but for some reason I cant even get 16 MPG.

Also, I plan on getting my windows tinted in the near future and someone told me that 35's all around the car(all 6 windows) looks absolutely beautiful on the CTS, so if anyone has this modification done itd be awesome to see a picture.

I know these arent really major problems but like I said im not the most advanced with cars and I just thought with this huge community at least someone could help me with a few problems of mine. Thanks in advance and if anyone has any tips or cool facts for the CTS id love to know about them. Anything to make driving this beauty even more enjoyable!

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon (traded in for a 2011 Lexus LS460 on 12/20/17)
321 Posts
* Not sure about the air coming in. I only ever shut the climate control off when it's nice enough to have the windows open. It does sound normal, though. I don't believe shutting off the climate control will shut off all outside air.

* Black car = dust magnet. Best thing is to keep one of these in the trunk or garage and wipe it down when dusty - http://www.amazon.com/California-Car-Duster-62442-Standard/dp/B00008RW9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433243134&sr=8-1&keywords=california+duster+original

* I have RWD and get a combined city/highway 19mpg. I think the best I've ever seen was 24mpg on a 500 mile ride. Turn on the "instant mpg" on the display and you can watch it drop to low single digits under acceleration, and then go to 70mph as you coast downhill. Fun to watch if you aren't in traffic.

That's all I have :) Good luck with your car!

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
To stop air from coming in, press the "recirculate" button (the car doesn't remember this setting so you have to press it everytime you start the car)

To keep a black car as clean as possible, wax it on a regular basis

I also have RWD and get the same 19mpg as Dave which is horrible

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,170 Posts
Welcome.

Please, please don't draw on a dirty car! It scratches your finish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts