Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2007 CTS. I am interested in purchasing a set of 20 inch TI wheels I found but have a few questions. From searching the forum I see the bolt pattern is 5 x 115. I have seen tire sizes for various types of rims but not this rim size. These rims are 20 x 7.5 with a 42mm backspacing. I was wondering if these rims will fit without modification. If so what tire size will be good. If they dont fit which size will be good to get. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
340 Posts
i got 20's. w/ no prob. I thought (and still do) about 22's- but 20's looks just as good with none of the complications 22's introduce...i still may put up with having to roll my fenders just get the REAL BIGG wheel look...but thats down the road. my 20's are straight.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
damn i guess everyone has these rims... 22's fit fine as long as you get the correct offset for these cars...

if you get 20's with the wrong offset you'll have problems...

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses. Does anyone know if the 42mm offset will be an issue? I have seen a bunch of people say 35 mm but not with 7.5 inch wheels.

X

·
0 Posts
These are 20x 7.5 Foose wheels. By going narrow on your rim size you actually will have a harder time finding a tire that fits correctly. At the time I did mine they only had 3 tires available which fit our car. I chose the Nitto Neo Gen 245-30-zr20 they DO NOT rub at all. The 18's I had on it from the dealer rubbed the right rear when loaded or hard cornering. I hope this is a help to you.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
troy u take any and every chance u get to post pics :rolleyes:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
u'll be fine with 20 x 7.5 ... 345/30/20 or call up tire rack, they'll give u more info

www.tirerack.com & look for a contact page or something.

X

·
0 Posts
I haven't posted a pic in like several months that I remember? I am 39 in two days. My memory could be off a touch. I actually have 7.5's on my car. I thought he'd like to see 'em on there.:highfive:
troy u take any and every chance u get to post pics :rolleyes:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
like 6 pics in 10 mins that u've been signed on!!

wowwwww ur old...er than i thought :D
2 days as 1:08 EST June 26,2007 or do u still think its 6/25 :alchi:

X

·
0 Posts
it's 6/25 where I live. It's 6/27 when I get to turn a year older and wiser. Don't under estimate old age and treachery...

It's been a long time since I could spend some time reading on here and catching up. I saw a lot of rim questions so I put in my 2 cents...it may help, I dunno.

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again to everyones input. I have been searching a lot and have seen most people going with 245/35/20 tires. Would this be a good fit for me with a 7.5 inch rim and 42mm offset? The car will be used for normal driving. Thanks again

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Short Answer: Yes

..if u choose to read on, see below...

from TireRack.com, chose a wheel thats measures where close to the one u had.. heres what they gave me..

Size: 20x8
Offset: 42mm
Bolt Pattern: 5-115
Rec. Tire Size:245/30-20

..thats for a 8", u got a 7.5, no biggie, same tire... If u go with 245/35/20, u'll just get a little more meat ... which, a lot of people prefer when they go from stocks to 20s...

X

·
0 Posts
Check with a tire/rim shop...they told me when you go narrower on rim size you actually have less clearances. I do not believe you can use a 245/35 tire. Check with a shop they have a computer system which can tell you what fits and what doesn't. I have exactly the rims you have. 245/30/20 works for sure.
Short Answer: Yes

..if u choose to read on, see below...

from TireRack.com, chose a wheel thats measures where close to the one u had.. heres what they gave me..

Size: 20x8
Offset: 42mm
Bolt Pattern: 5-115
Rec. Tire Size:245/30-20

..thats for a 8", u got a 7.5, no biggie, same tire... If u go with 245/35/20, u'll just get a little more meat ... which, a lot of people prefer when they go from stocks to 20s...

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Why chance going 245/30/20? It's not going to give you much more of a smoother ride compared to 245/30/20. Might as well go with what works, save headaches. Unless you're feeling gutsy.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
happy bday troy :highfive:

(time 4 that gf to get to work ;) )

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
o0o0o0ooo0o0! i know why!!!
silly T, in the midst of all the aggrivation and work the new company has bestowed upon u, you forgot that your birthday is actually TOMORROW! :tisk:
dont worry, the sun will come out tomorrow... <--ur birthday ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts