Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I gotta admit this car is one of the best I've driven ... it's a used 04 with 20k miles.

A few questions:

1: Transmission (5 speed automatic) Sport Mode:

When I activate, drive, then turn the vehicle off and return later... sometimes it is still activated and other times I have to re-activate it. Shouldn't it always be activated even after I leave it sit for a day or so? Is there a way to program it to remain on?

2: Fog lamps:

Is there a way to make them stay on instead of having to switch them back on every time I turn the vehicle off and then start it again?

3: Switched and delayed power source:

I recently added Sirius to the vehicle. When the car is turned off the Sirius receiver shuts off immediately but the radio remains on until the door is opened. Where can I tap into that delayed radio circuit?

Thanks all ... CTS rules.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Hi there, wlcome to the forums.

#1. It's glitchy like that, I don't believe there is a solution to that.

#2. You can wire the foglamps to turn on everytime the car turns on or whenever the headlights are on. Someone's done that before... Me, I'm just too scared to go play with wires, so I just turn it on everytime I start the car.

Not sure about #3, sorry.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Two options for the Sirius radio. You can tap into the remote radio power supply on the head unit (Pin 2 on connector C3), or you can tap into the aux power/cigarette lighter wire, which can be set for 10 minute delay in the fuse box (if it didn't come that way already).

What are you tapped into now? If you're already plugged into the cigarette lighter power, check your fuse box under the hood for proper delay setting. There are two fuses in the middle of the fuse box that can be set in one of two positions (each). One is for the in-dash power plug, the other is for the power plug at the rear of the console. One fuse position is for immediate power off, the the other is for a 10 minute delay. As I recall, each of them will be positioned opposite for the same setting (i.e., Fuse 1 will be in position 1-2, and Fuse 2 will be in position 2-3). I'm pretty sure this is in the owners manual, under the fuse descriptions.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest going to CadillacFAQ.com. There are at least three answers to this question.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Currently, I am tapping into the HVAC harness for constant and switched power.

I think this weekend I'm gonna run constant, switched, and switched-delayed circuits from the fuse box and "do it right". To be honest, I was running out of daylight and needed power so to the closest source I went... which isn't what I usually do.

Looking forward to participating with this group! And thanks for the advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts