Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
CTS4 AWD 2011
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2001 CTS4 Premium with the 19 inch wheel package and the 3.6 engine. I really, really like it. BUT I bought it without any warranty and the car has so many electronics and bells and whistles that I am sure it would be very expensive if anything, even little, went wrong. The car has 44 thousand miles on it. Does anyone have any experience with outsourced warranty companies? Should I even be worried about it right now? Is there a general mile mark when problems start to happen?

Anyway, I have already learned a lot about my new car from this forum and I appreciate any advice.

Have a great day fellow CTS owners!

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,339 Posts
If you seriously consider one, request a copy of the actual contract to read...not pamphlets and marketing materials. Look at what is excluded, it can be a lot. Verify the maximum payouts on the warranty. I had one once that did an evaluation of the vehicle at the time of repair, and the total paid out over the life of the warranty could not exceed the value of the vehicle. So that warranty covered some, but was worthless over time and ended up expiring due to the amount covered, before it hit the time limit on the warranty. Lesson learned for me.

With this car, it was in warranty when I bought it and I extended the GMPP before the factory warranty expired.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance
184 Posts
I would see if you can get a warranty through GM. My 2011 CTS had only 1500 miles left on the new original warranty and I bought a GMPP 3yr/36000 mile warranty for around $2400. I do have $100 deductible but still better than paying a lot more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts