Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the road today to NJ as i was driving next to a new 06 CTS (i think) and on it were these CTS exhaust tips that looked like actual exhaust. On my car i have the shittiest exhaust tips that when you look at it from the side u see it cut in half. I wanted to know if any of you guys know any real good exhaust tips that actually look like real complete exhausts. Let me know and hook me up w/some links. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
E&G tips seem to be the favorite add-on exhaust tips. You can also go custom...What do you currently have, Automotive Upgrades tips?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Cadillac328 said:
I was on the road today to NJ as i was driving next to a new 06 CTS (i think) and on it were these CTS exhaust tips that looked like actual exhaust. On my car i have the shittiest exhaust tips that when you look at it from the side u see it cut in half. I wanted to know if any of you guys know any real good exhaust tips that actually look like real complete exhausts. Let me know and hook me up w/some links. Thanks!
Sounds like you have "Automotive Upgrade Tips. Yep, the suck from the side. E&G are the most attractive tips. They cost about $90 on Ebays.
For about $35 more you can a CTS-V exhaust including installation. A little more performance a nice low picthed rumble and real heavy duty chrome exhaust tips.

Here's the E&G tips:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, but the only thing about the cts v exhaust is the cut and weld shit...and also getting it shipped to NY from the guy thats selling it for $100 is gonna be alot of money.

...the e&g are pretty nice but dont they hang alittle from the car (like u can see space between the rear end and the exhaust) or do they fit on perfectly???

...the ones i saw were alittle different and they werent chrome, but if nobody knows what i am talkin about i'll go with the e&g

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
Cadillac328 said:
yea, but the only thing about the cts v exhaust is the cut and weld shit...and also getting it shipped to NY from the guy thats selling it for $100 is gonna be alot of money.

...the e&g are pretty nice but dont they hang alittle from the car (like u can see space between the rear end and the exhaust) or do they fit on perfectly???

...the ones i saw were alittle different and they werent chrome, but if nobody knows what i am talkin about i'll go with the e&g
There is some room to adjust the e&g however you like them you can move them around before you actually drill the hole and screw them down.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Sport
94 Posts
I installed the E&G tips on my CTS and they look great. I adjusted them so that there is about 1/8 clearance between the tips and the bumper.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Cadillac328 said:

I paid $30 for my V exhaust and $70 to have it installed. I found it less than 20 miles from my house. You pay $90 for tips, I pay $100 for a complete exhaust.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 CTS Sport
94 Posts
Cadillac328 said:
yea, but does it look anything like this... http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/PROD/EG-CTSTIPS

...because that to me, looks terrible
No! my tips looks nothing like that. If you get a set you can adjust them to the proper position before you drill the holes. thats what i did. I'm working on getting a digital camera so I can post pictures like most of the guys on the forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well ordered the e&g today...hope it looks good, post some pics whoever has it on already so i can see instead of anticipating for how its gonna look

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts

i have my E&G tips tucked in as far as posible with out touching the bumber, i think they look awsome, from the side they look like normal tips..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts