Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I did it. I opted not to keep my 17 VSport. My dad bought it like he did with my 14 VSport when I got my 17.

I just placed an order for a new 2020 CT5 V RWD in Evergreen Metallic with Sedona Sauvage interior. Will look amazing. Now I wait 8-12 weeks. . I’m like a kid awaiting Cmas morning. Anticipation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about it but this is a driver’s car. I don’t want a computer driving me. Automatic Cruise Control is more than enough.

Also, I didn’t want to wait till the 2021s are out as I am without my own car now.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium /04 SLS LD8/ 06 STS-V LC3/14 Chevy SS/ 08 Dodge Magnum RT
77 Posts
So, I did it. I opted not to keep my 17 VSport. My dad bought it like he did with my 14 VSport when I got my 17.

I just placed an order for a new 2020 CT5 V RWD in Evergreen Metallic with Sedona Sauvage interior. Will look amazing. Now I wait 8-12 weeks. . I’m like a kid awaiting Cmas morning. Anticipation...

yes, the CT5 V looks and sounds great. I guess the 6.2 supercharged 650HP is the chosen engine now, it would have been interesting as how it would compare to the Blackwing 4.2 V8 Twin Turbo. And i might go for a CT5 V too later this year but also plan to keep my 14 V-Sport and my C6 Corvette. The CT5 would be my wife's car and that is how it would be presented to her. But also the CT4 V might also be a choice if it has the 3.6 Twin Turbo and I expect the CT4 V would be lighter than the CT5 V.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, the CT5 V looks and sounds great. I guess the 6.2 supercharged 650HP is the chosen engine now, it would have been interesting as how it would compare to the Blackwing 4.2 V8 Twin Turbo. And i might go for a CT5 V too later this year but also plan to keep my 14 V-Sport and my C6 Corvette. The CT5 would be my wife's car and that is how it would be presented to her. But also the CT4 V might also be a choice if it has the 3.6 Twin Turbo and I expect the CT4 V would be lighter than the CT5 V.
Ok, to be clear, the V I ordered will have the 3.0TT V6. I am a little disappointed that it won't have the 3.6TT V6 from the VSport, but from what I've read, there's a tax or surcharge on engines over 3 liters in Europe hence the smaller displacement. The full-on V or whatever it'll be called is still way too much power (and the related insurance cost/penalty) for my needs.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ok, to be clear, the V I ordered will have the 3.0TT V6. I am a little disappointed that it won't have the 3.6TT V6 from the VSport, but from what I've read, there's a tax or surcharge on engines over 3 liters in Europe hence the smaller displacement. The full-on V or whatever it'll be called is still way too much power (and the related insurance cost/penalty) for my needs.
They don't sell Cadillac in Europe anymore do they?

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium /04 SLS LD8/ 06 STS-V LC3/14 Chevy SS/ 08 Dodge Magnum RT
77 Posts
Yes, I jumped to conclusion about your engine choice in your CT-5V probably because of all the recent news about the CT5-V (maybe getting) GM's LT4 Supercharged V8. But you maybe right that the Full-on V with 650 HP might be just too much power, and I love the power output and driveabilty /reliabilty of my 420 HP CTS V-Sport.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya! I just hope I’m not disappointed by the 3.0TT. I truly lived the 3.6TT.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I hear ya! I just hope I’m not disappointed by the 3.0TT. I truly lived the 3.6TT.

While it may be down on HP just a bit (but not really torque), the early reviews say the 3.0TT is quite a bit smoother/more refined that the 3.6TT.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While it may be down on HP just a bit (but not really torque), the early reviews say the 3.0TT is quite a bit smoother/more refined that the 3.6TT.
Well, I’ll find out soon enough. Memorial Day (that’s my own timeframe ) will be here soon enough.

When are you getting yours?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
10-12 weeks

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
999 Posts
Please share some pictures when you get the car! Congratulations--it should be a beauty! What wheels did you select for the new CTS-V?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I’m in a quandary. I’m thinking that I
may never see it. Factory is shut down and no ETA. There’s going to be such a glut of inventory that GM may pull the plug on 2020 builds. I may also just wait for the 2021 order window to open and maybe get Super Cruise if it’s offered.

I went full gusto. Mine is in RWD in Evergreen Metallic with the Platinum (Sedona Sauvage interior) package and all over packages. 19” 10-spoke Satin Graphite wheels, red brake calipers, and suede wheel and shifter.

·
Registered
368 Posts
may never see it. Factory is shut down and no ETA. There’s going to be such a glut of inventory that GM may pull the plug on 2020 builds. I may also just wait for the 2021 order window to open and maybe get Super Cruise if it’s offered.

I went full gusto. Mine is in RWD in Evergreen Metallic with the Platinum (Sedona Sauvage interior) package and all over packages. 19” 10-spoke Satin Graphite wheels, red brake calipers, and suede wheel and shifter.

Sounds like a perfect build...I saw a YouTube walkaround of an Evergreen Metallic CT5 and very unique and understated, and will look fantastic with the Sedona Sauvage leather! I wouldn't blame you about a 2021...especially with the potential of the SuperCruise.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like a perfect build...I saw a YouTube walkaround of an Evergreen Metallic CT5 and very unique and understated, and will look fantastic with the Sedona Sauvage leather! I wouldn't blame you about a 2021...especially with the potential of the SuperCruise.
You know, I saw an RS5 Sportback at a local Audi dealership in their version the evergreen. It's a real looker. I'm concerned that Caddy my drop the green for 2021 though. You could get a 2020 Camaro in Rally Green (their version) but Chevy dropped it for 2021. Caddy may follow suit. I'll wait and see what happens to my order.

Fortunately with the lockdown, I don't need a car. We have 2 cars with 2 licensed drivers and one (son) on his learner's permit. He was supposed to take his driver's test on Monday but DMV is closed and there's no ETA. I'd imagine testing will be tough as it's just the driver and tester in the car. My guess is he'll need to be certified that he's COVID-19-free before they'll let him take his test.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You’re in a tough spot. I was about to order a V and then this happened so I’ve held off. Two things maybe working in your favor if you stick with a 2020:

read the UAW is telling members to get ready to go back to work in the near term. Even ifthat’s another month+, it still should enable some sort of 2020 production.

based on caddy website there are only ~5000 CT5s in entire country and only ~75 Vs. since they were so early in production they likely would make more even with diminished demand.

good luck!

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
614 Posts
Hope you get that rare bird. I'm still playing with the configurator. Was looking at a similar build but with the nickel wheels. I won't be taking the plunge 'till next year at least and hope they are still around. There sure are a lot of 4 bangers at the local dealers. Maybe if there are some hot deals, and in this climate there probably will be, who knows.

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze
21 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to Caddy and buying new vehicles in general - but how do you place an order for vehicle from Cadillac? Do you mean have a vehicle specifically built with your choice of options and have it shipped? I see their 'build your car' feature on the site, but all it seems to do is match you with near by results (which for me are none for the CT5-V).

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,423 Posts
I'm new to Caddy and buying new vehicles in general - but how do you place an order for vehicle from Cadillac? Do you mean have a vehicle specifically built with your choice of options and have it shipped? I see their 'build your car' feature on the site, but all it seems to do is match you with near by results (which for me are none for the CT5-V).
The Build a Car is just a tool for seeing available options, price and if any exact/near it are in stock.

If no satisfactory cars are in stock, you order a car at the dealer. The sales team there has to order
the vehicle. You can get the options you want, subject to the restrictions you find in build a car.
If option A adds option B, then you have to buy option B.

Ordering is nice, if in no hurry and particular. It's harder to get good deals on a ordered car, because
rebates, finance/lease rates change every month, so the exact payment won't be known until it arrives.
Incentives could be better/worse by the time it arrives. Dealers are also more willing to offer bigger
discounts on cars in stock. When the 2021s are arriving, the 2020s have better deals.

The top end cars like the V will always be more rare. A dealer might have 25 Luxury/Prem Lux/Sport,
but only 1 or 2 V's.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts