Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of a custom ordered Cadillac CT5-V on September 4th, 2020.

4 days after taking delivery, the issues started. The car has been in the shop five times now, for the following issues:

1. Uneven steering weight between left and right turns. Dealer could not duplicate.

2. Uneven steering weight between left and right turns, and suspension noise over bumps and road dips. Dealer says Electric Power Steering rack is binding, and installs new Electric Power Steering rack. Suspension noise is solved. Uneven steering came back on second day.

3. Uneven steering weight between left and right turns. Dealer confirms that the replacement Electric Power Steering rack was also defective. Ordered and installed another new rack. Steering issue seems solved for now.

4. A few days after the third visit, suspension is making a noise over speed bumps and dips in the road. Dealer confirms that sway bar bushings need to be replaced. After everything was replaced, the noise is gone.

5. 2 days after the fourth visit, the steering wheel will not come back to center after right turns at city speeds. It keeps turning right. It is currently at the dealer.

The car has been down, and out of my possession for 27 days so far. This is a brand new car with under 2300 miles, and is only two months old. It has been at the dealer for a month of my two month ownership. How is this acceptable?

I have a case number, but no one has called me.

I want the car fixed for good, a new car that's exactly the same, or a refund. I can't keep going back and forth to the dealer, 22 miles each way. This is not what anyone should experience with America's premiere luxury brand, and a car that cost $62,000.

Case: 9-6310800258.

· Banned
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
806 Posts
I took delivery of a custom ordered Cadillac CT5-V on September 4th, 2020.

4 days after taking delivery, the issues started. The car has been in the shop five times now, for the following issues:

1. Uneven steering weight between left and right turns. Dealer could not duplicate.

2. Uneven steering weight between left and right turns, and suspension noise over bumps and road dips. Dealer says Electric Power Steering rack is binding, and installs new Electric Power Steering rack. Suspension noise is solved. Uneven steering came back on second day.

3. Uneven steering weight between left and right turns. Dealer confirms that the replacement Electric Power Steering rack was also defective. Ordered and installed another new rack. Steering issue seems solved for now.

4. A few days after the third visit, suspension is making a noise over speed bumps and dips in the road. Dealer confirms that sway bar bushings need to be replaced. After everything was replaced, the noise is gone.

5. 2 days after the fourth visit, the steering wheel will not come back to center after right turns at city speeds. It keeps turning right. It is currently at the dealer.

The car has been down, and out of my possession for 27 days so far. This is a brand new car with under 2300 miles, and is only two months old. It has been at the dealer for a month of my two month ownership. How is this acceptable?

I have a case number, but no one has called me.

I want the car fixed for good, a new car that's exactly the same, or a refund. I can't keep going back and forth to the dealer, 22 miles each way. This is not what anyone should experience with America's premiere luxury brand, and a car that cost $62,000.

Case: 9-6310800258.
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't PAY $62K for a brand new car, ever. CPO is your friend. I once owned a brand new Chevy whose cat took a shit at 30K. Never, never again.

· Registered
2014 XTS Luxury & 2021 CT5 Premium Luxury
682 Posts
May not be related, but I noticed that my CT5 pulls when I get close to the lines on the road. I concluded that the lane departure feature is attempting to nudge me back in the middle of the lane. It is slight but noticeable. I guess it is part of that autonomous stuff. Pretty soon, humans will probably be put out of the driving business and just be along for the ride.

· Registered
'85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
754 Posts
Sounds like a lemon, smells like a lemon, tastes like a lemon. Must be a lemon. Steering problem is a safety defect and 3 times the charm. Try to Lemon it...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

· Registered
96 FWB
4,582 Posts
Well worth using up a little banked good karma. So what replaced it? Or, will?

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well worth using up a little banked good karma. So what replaced it? Or, will?
A 2021 Lexus IS300 AWD. Not fast, but quick. The NA V6 is buttery smooth. Have had it for a while now, actually, and no issues. Built like a tank, for the most part, and the double wishbone suspension up-front is a real treat. I can't believe that's only usually found in the really, really expensive German cars. Finally, the build quality is just crazy. Panel gaps line up on all sides, character lines match up from door to fender, there are no weird creaks or rattles. Oddly, its also much quieter than the CT5-V, which is really strange, since the Cadillac had sound deadening double pane windows up front, and for the windshield. The IS 300 has standard glass, yet has much less road and wind noise.

It has 260hp, but the IS350 makes 311 with the exact same engine. I will be the getting the $500 tune to fix that soon.

· Registered
96 FWB
4,582 Posts
Sounds like you re-married up! Let's quit talking about it or we'll jinx it. Lexus. The wife was talking just today about her constant crushes on both Subaru and Mazda (she calls it the poor man's Lexus). Shame about the steering though. If there ain't a million others with the same glitch, then I always fear there's getting to be so many glitzy shiny do-dads and systems slapped on cars today without proper burn-in, that your problem wasn't anything more than a 21st century curb feeler (lane sensor) that was assembled 5* out of plumb. ::Laughing Not Laughing::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.