Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Another question for James or Craig.

What exactly is the install procedure for popping the old one out and installing the new one?

I looked at my STS-V closely this morning and couldn't see how to remove it.

SG
Hello? Anyone from D3 care to answer this question so I can decide if this is something I can install myself?

SG

·
Registered
NONE
928 Posts
Currently there are no tail light upgrades for the CTS or CTS-V. We do have clear tail lights and a clear third brake light available for the STS-V. Installation of the third brake light should only take about 10 minutes with basic hand tools as do the tail lights. Both are fairly simple to replace.

For the tail lights, pop off the plastic cover in the lower center area around the striker for the trunk. Then remove the clips holding the right and left trunk liners. Pull back the panels and you'll be able to reach the 10mm nuts holding the backside of the tail lamps. Remove the 4 nuts and the tail lights will just pull sraight out for replacement.

To replace the third brake light assembly, open the trunk, use an upholstery V or U hook tool to pull the clips out that hold the trunk lid liner. There are about a ten or so of them. Gently pry out the plastic handle on the right side of the trunk lid and remove the liner. You can now access the four 13mm nuts that hold the backside of the 3rd brake light. Remove these nuts. On the far left and right corners of the light assembly (accessed from the small holes in the trunk lid behind the liner you removed) are snap tabs that just need to be gently pryed to the side to release. The tail light will come right out.

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to email me directly or call me. Thanks!

[email protected]

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Currently there are no tail light upgrades for the CTS or CTS-V. We do have clear tail lights and a clear third brake light available for the STS-V. Installation of the third brake light should only take about 10 minutes with basic hand tools as do the tail lights. Both are fairly simple to replace.

For the tail lights, pop off the plastic cover in the lower center area around the striker for the trunk. Then remove the clips holding the right and left trunk liners. Pull back the panels and you'll be able to reach the 10mm nuts holding the backside of the tail lamps. Remove the 4 nuts and the tail lights will just pull sraight out for replacement.

To replace the third brake light assembly, open the trunk, use an upholstery V or U hook tool to pull the clips out that hold the trunk lid liner. There are about a ten or so of them. Gently pry out the plastic handle on the right side of the trunk lid and remove the liner. You can now access the four 13mm nuts that hold the backside of the 3rd brake light. Remove these nuts. On the far left and right corners of the light assembly (accessed from the small holes in the trunk lid behind the liner you removed) are snap tabs that just need to be gently pryed to the side to release. The tail light will come right out.

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to email me directly or call me. Thanks!

[email protected]
QUOTE]

Craig,

Thanks for the info! That does give me some better insight on how to install the 3rd brake light. I had the GM export taillights on my 2005 STS, so I do know how to install those fairly quickly.

SG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
We finally have the LED third brake lights in stock. These are clear just like the LED clear tail lamps. MSRP is normally $350 but we have them on sale for $315 plus shipping. They install in about 30 minutes and use all the factory connectors. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,
How can I order it, please send me the details

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,037 Posts
How can I order it, please send me the details
Welcome to the forums! You might want to check dates before responding on a thread. This is a 13 year old dead thread and the OP was banned as an unauthorized vendor.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,385 Posts
I believe that "D3" and "Dr.Design" are no longer in business - for a number of reasons.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts