Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I mentioned it here in the new users thread and on the Cadillac-LaSalle Club Forums.

Even though I got a luke warm response, I have decided to do it...

I am announcing that I am begning work on a new Cadillac Website devoted to the Cimarron. I have just begun work. I anticipate on having a partial site uploaded within two weeks.

I will post the hyperlink once the domain registration goes through.

Your input is appreciated.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Sounds interesting. I like the idea.. Could I convince you to host our forums on your site? You could control the Cimarron section.. But, your visitors would see this forum in your site just like it were your own. It would be seamless.. Let me know what you think..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have no problem helping out... but I have a couple of concerns.

Firstly, what size database are we talking about?

My primary website (PlayNintendo.com) has plenty of webspace available, but for the cimarron site, I was not planing on allocating a huge amount of webspace, but maybe I can help.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Actually, what I mean is this.. Your site would have our forums inside of it. And, it would be seamless. It would look like your forums. So you'd be using our forum database and everything - just molded to look like its your site... Your visitors would be sitting at your site while browsing our forums. So whatever traffic you get from your marketing efforts stays with you. You just never run into any bandwidth expenses because that's covered by me...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sal Collaziano said:
Actually, what I mean is this.. Your site would have our forums inside of it. And, it would be seamless. It would look like your forums. So you'd be using our forum database and everything - just molded to look like its your site... Your visitors would be sitting at your site while browsing our forums. So whatever traffic you get from your marketing efforts stays with you. You just never run into any bandwidth expenses because that's covered by me...
Oh! I see. I thought you were in need of webspace or hosting.

(BTW, it you ever need more or new webspace contact [email protected], tell him VintageGamer.com sent you. He has excellent rates and unlimited bandwidth. I have been with him for 2 years now.)

Anyway, I was initially plannig to create independent forums for the Cimarron site, but this isn't a bad idea. As the site's launch time comes closer, we can talk more. At the very least I will be happy to display CadillacForums.com banners and maybe buy some ad space from you. :)

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Okay. Just keep me posted. I love the idea of having a huge Cimarron site out there. In fact, if you go ahead with us hosting your forums, we'll integrate your pages into our site - if you'd like - as well. It would just be a rumbling ball of chain-traffic for all of us.. Then, essentially, if people wanted to see forums, they'd be here (while still there as well) and if people wanted proprietary Cimarron information, they'd be at your site (while still HERE as well). It gets a bit confusing but it's actually building a nice, mutually beneficial relationship. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sal Collaziano said:
Okay. Just keep me posted. I love the idea of having a huge Cimarron site out there. In fact, if you go ahead with us hosting your forums, we'll integrate your pages into our site - if you'd like - as well. It would just be a rumbling ball of chain-traffic for all of us.. Then, essentially, if people wanted to see forums, they'd be here (while still there as well) and if people wanted proprietary Cimarron information, they'd be at your site (while still HERE as well). It gets a bit confusing but it's actually building a nice, mutually beneficial relationship. :)
Souds good. I will keep you posted. I just requested information from the National Cadillac & LaSalle Club for information on forming a Cimarron Chapter. This will make a good webiste essential.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Cool. I see you're very serious about this.. Not everybody likes the Cimarrron but I don't think it should be left out of anything "Cadillac" related. It's a Cadillac no matter how you look at it... Whether you like it or not...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anybody know if he actually got around to creating a cimarron website? I'm planning to do the same thing although I haven't gone as far as to request the creation of a cimarron section on the LaSalle website. interesting....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Whats this, people stealing parts of my name? haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts