Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped out the stock cassette deck for a stock bose cd deck I bought on ebay, but it doesn't seem to work. The deck seems to work fine, picks up stations and plays cds but no sound coming out of the speakers?? I took it to the dealer to have it unlocked and that was no problem but still no sound?? The wiring harness seems right, did I just get the shaft on ebay?

thanks

pete

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have a feeling that the bose radio requires special bose amps and speakers. probably doesn't have correct outputs for normal delco speakers. just a guess 'causes bose always likes to make things overly complicated.

remember the old bose car systems with the amps built into the speakers???? i know i'm old.

·
Registered
20 Posts
85 coupe deville

i went to best buy where i live and they told me 110 to rewire to put in a different head unit is this correct. or can i just go get a harness to put it in to. I know i have the Symphony sound system in my car. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
Fleetwood Brougham 1995
521 Posts
My CD or tape player doesn't work either. =( When I put a CD or tape in, it just makes a fuzzy sound. The radio works though. Any suggestions on what may cause this?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Radio Problems

Depending on what type of cadillac your e-bay radio came out of "MiamiCadiDu" is right. Cadillacs' have no direct speaker leads coming to the back of the radio. They use a generalized remote speaker turn on to tell the amp (where the individual speaker leads are) in the trunk where to direct the sound. So although your harness may match the input on the back of the radio it may be crossing signals to the wrong source. My advice: put in an aftermarket head unit, not only will your SQ improve drastically, but they look cooler and it's not that difficult. I have dozens of easy to follow Cadillac stereo wiring diagrams if you want.

·
Registered
23 Posts
pmd said:
I just swapped out the stock cassette deck for a stock bose cd deck I bought on ebay, but it doesn't seem to work. The deck seems to work fine, picks up stations and plays cds but no sound coming out of the speakers?? I took it to the dealer to have it unlocked and that was no problem but still no sound?? The wiring harness seems right, did I just get the shaft on ebay?

thanks

pete
I did the same thing. After reviewing the service manual prints, I believe that the standard radios have no amps and feed the speakers directly. If the car came with a radio/cd then it had the upgrade speaker package which uses an amp. Can't think of anyway around this one but to put the radio back on Ebay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Radio Problems

Slick Black Cadillac said:
I have dozens of easy to follow Cadillac stereo wiring diagrams if you want.
Is there any chance you can share some? :)
I got 92 seville sts with no stereo in it. I bought delco stereo unit that came off 94 deville. both - car and stereo have pair of connectors. they fit perfectly but all stereo wires different from car connectors and stereo wont budge at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Please do not think I am a thief but I need help just bought a 93 Eldorado Sport with the Bose Gold w/ CD in it had battery/altenator problems radio works fine CD comes up with Err my son said I need to unlock it. Do I have to have a dealer do it? The seller did not have any info on the vehicle, got it pretty cheap.
Thanks for your help,

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts

I thought if any of these systems were "locked" they wouldn't play anything. They'd just ask for the code and give you complete silence until you entered it.

·
Registered
520 Posts

rmadl0 said:
Please do not think I am a thief but I need help just bought a 93 Eldorado Sport with the Bose Gold w/ CD in it had battery/altenator problems radio works fine CD comes up with Err my son said I need to unlock it. Do I have to have a dealer do it? The seller did not have any info on the vehicle, got it pretty cheap.
Thanks for your help,
Elvis is right about the lock. That's not your problem. Plus, in 93 I don't think they had locks yet.
The CD err message means you need to replace the head unit. When I bought mine the CD and tape were both bad. You can usually find them on Ebay, or start calling the junk yards. Not too cheap though, I paid $120 and got a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Slick Black Cadillac said:
Depending on what type of cadillac your e-bay radio came out of "MiamiCadiDu" is right. Cadillacs' have no direct speaker leads coming to the back of the radio. They use a generalized remote speaker turn on to tell the amp (where the individual speaker leads are) in the trunk where to direct the sound. So although your harness may match the input on the back of the radio it may be crossing signals to the wrong source. My advice: put in an aftermarket head unit, not only will your SQ improve drastically, but they look cooler and it's not that difficult. I have dozens of easy to follow Cadillac stereo wiring diagrams if you want.
Man where did you get the stereo wiring diagrams. I have been looking everywhere just for how to get my stock radio out of the dash of my 94 Fleetwood Brougham (just got it this week and the cd player doesnt work). Any help or suggestions on how to get it out and get it replaced or fixed? I am also new to the forum and so have not even figured out how to start a thread yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts