Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally got my JET Stage 2 Quadrajet in the mail yesterday. It looks great. For those of you who don't know about JET, they offer Quadrajets (as well as many other carbs) that are completly rebuilt and design improved (such as bronze throttle shaft bushings, some epoxy, etc) and then custom built for your engine with all new parts. The casting plugs are sealed, all circuits are checked for proper sizing, new float, choke pull off, and the bronze bushed throttle shafts. Also comes the fully recalibrated idle, off idle, mian, accelerator pump, and high speed circuits to match the engine. I'm pretty stoked about this thing. Hopefully it will perform as good as it looks!

·
Registered
01 STS, 92 Roadmaster, 01 SLS-sold, 88 Brougham-crushed
1,392 Posts
very very nice. mine is almost as clean after rebuilding. well, actually, no its not, it looks like sh** compared to that.

good luck

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,198 Posts
I just love carbonators. I have about a half dozen on the shelf and the shelf has been very reliable. :D

The fuel injection shelf had developed a slump in the middle due to the 57 pound intake manifold.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cost was $380. You don't have to send your old one in, and don't get to. I asked...

With shipping it was a bit over $400

I've currently got 3 Quadrajets and 2 Holleys. Don't know why. The three Quadrajets include this new one, one from my car, and one from a '75 Coupe DeVille. I bought the Holleys from my friends dad after noticing them on a shelf in the garage. $5 each...

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I had known about that product...I would have definitely gotten it instead of the edelbrock replacement. Awesome find, good luck with it.

Side note...3 quadrajet and 2 holley's for five bucks...lucky....

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blue71eldo said:
If I had known about that product...I would have definitely gotten it instead of the edelbrock replacement. Awesome find, good luck with it.

Side note...3 quadrajet and 2 holley's for five bucks...lucky....
Yeah dude hopefully it will really perform like I'm looking for.

Actually it was 1 Quadrajet for over $400 (this one), and 2 other Quadrajets for free. Then two Holleys for $10.

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Nice clean carb.

Whenever I rebuilt my QJ off of my Olds 455, I would let the bowl and bowl cover sit in a small tub of carb cleaner. If would get really clean that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts