Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a remanufactured Carb installed on my Caddy today and when I drove it the car felt like it was set too high. Now There is a significant difference in the way it ran before, and the way it runs now and that could be that it's running better with the new part, but for some reason it feels like it's too high. How can I tell if it is indeed too high? Also I was told that my air pump for the emissions which is part of the belt drive is crooked. It leans in towards the middle a little bit and is now running without a belt on it. What would be the reasons that thing would be crooked like that? Thanks.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
If the idle speed (only thing to really be set too high) was high, then the engine would spin faster at a stop, require more brake pedal to hold it stopped when in drive, and want to accelerate faster when brake is let off.

air pump.... mmmm... I would personally get rid of that, just junk the whole air pump system.... If the air pump belt is off, then the air pump isn't working, and that may, or may not cause some problems (I remember there was a few lines to plug up when you remove it)

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was told it's just not cleaning the emissions. However all the things you said about the idle are evident. It is taking off on it's own when I let off the brake and she is harder to hold back than usual. I'm gonna stop in there tomorrow and have them drop it down some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts