Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be buying a car next month when i turn 19 and i just wanted some input from you guys and what you think of certain cars.

1993 Cadillac Seville STS 120,000 miles $3900 Awesome looking car
1995 Chevy Lumina LTZ 135,000 $4900 loaded except leather
1996 Buick Riveria "Supercharged"
1995 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 120,000 on body 70,000 on engine awesome looking car.

If anyone can think of any other cars that are pretty good feel free to tell me.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
the 95-96 Auroras seem to have reliability problems, just working out the kinks in the new design/platform. I would look at a 97-99.

Personally, I like the STS the most, but I am somewhat concerned about the reliability of the N* because that was it's first year.

How about a tried and true 350LT1 in a Roadmaster/Fleetwood?
Lincoln Mark VIII?

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
I didn't see the Aurora in his list - but it IS a very nice car.. Forget the Lumina! It doesn't belong in this list.. The Cadillac Fleetwood is awesome. I owned one. :) That would probably be my favorite on the list. I've always wanted a Mark VIII LSC - but it would have to be a 97 or 98...

Of those you DID list - The 93 STS is nice, but old. I think even the interior has a few things on it/in it that are a bit old. I owned a 95 ETC and that tops your list - to me.. The 95 had some minor interior and exterior changes.. Plus, it looks nearly identical to the very last model ETC. In fact, you could update it to look exact for a few bucks...

The Buick Riviera is a very nice car and I've always wanted one - but they made a strange design error that won't allow you to lie your arm on the doorsill while driving. That's a favorite position of mine so I couldn't do the Riviera. Plus, even though it's super charged, it's not as quick as the STS or ETC.

So.. Topping my list would be a Fleetwood Brougham - 95 or 96.. Next up would be the ETC, then the Riviera, then the STS, then the Aurora mentioned above - and never the Lumina.. If the Mark VIII didn't have interior wood that looked like a melted Hershey bar, I'd have had one at some point or another...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the Mark VIII didn't have interior wood that looked like a melted Hershey bar
thats a good way to put it LOL! i knew a chick in high school that had an aurora and it was a pretty sleek looking car. What about a low 90's lexus LS400 i saw one of those at a lot in my hometown here and it looked pretty awesome i don't know the mileage or price but its in pretty good shape including the leather seats.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
The fact a 1995 Eldorado ETC is even on the list....

means you should just stop thinking about it right now.

That is hands down the car I would get.

Or a Jeep.... though the Jeep I want is alot more then the Eldorado I want :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing about the ETC is that they want like $7000 i could probably get them down yo $6500 or maybe if i was lucky $6000 and that is a little out of my price range cuz im going to college and i don't want to be in debt that far being as young as i am but ya never know.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can find pretty much any caddy around here except the ETC or any eldorado for that matter except ones like mine. But ive still have a little over a month to find the car that rights for me.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville
175 Posts
If I were you I would go for the Eldorado. Compared to the Seville the Eldorado was never really changed in a major way from 1992-02. You will be driving a car that looks like a new one without paying the higher cost of a newer Eldorado.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
CaddyCrisis,
heres how your list would go for me:
- 93 STS
- 95 ETC
- 96 Riviera
- 95 Lumina LTZ (I dont like luminas...at all)

Heres my list for next car (daily driver):
-95 Fleetwood Brougham
-95 Mark VIII
-96 Town Car
-97 Deville Concours

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
Another for the Eldorado. Very nice car. I'd also remove that Lumina from the list. Those are junk.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
The Eldorado probably is the better car, but I think the 93 STS is better looking, but thats just me. I wonder why the motor in the ETC was replaced 50k miles ago?????

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder why the motor in the ETC was replaced 50k miles ago?????
I was wondering the same thing when i was talking to the sales person. Ill take the lumina off the list. What do you guys think of the chrysler LHS

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I think Chrysler had a problem in the '90s with their trannys. I think they pretty much go to hell due to some very small thing, that Chrysler did just to save cash.

This is a good site, owners review their cars. I have used this in every car purchase I have done
www.carsurvey.org

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My parents have had two LHS's one a 95 that never had any problems and now they have a 99 that is a very nice car with no problems. I think the LHS is just like a poor mans cadillac, not trying to say my parents are poor cuz they're not but my stepmom has "cadillacs are for old people" stuck in her head LOL.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
hmmm how about an Aurora, or like a Park Avenue Ultra or like a Bonneville SSEi or even a Ninety Eight Regency Elite (Gasp!)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ive looked at an SSEi before and a friend from high school had one and they are super nice cars and fast as hell too but the insurance i would have to pay would be INSANE, so im looking for a car that won't kill my insurance. There isn't much for auroras for sale around here i see them drving all the time but never in a lot. What about a mid to high 90's regal, supercharged or not.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im gonna be looking a lot harder an ETC then cuz the majority of you went with the ETC but i really don't like the blind spots in the ETC so the STS is probably my number one choice plus i would save on insurance with a 4 door and not a 2 door.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts