Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 1998 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just thought I'd let you know firsthand that I purchased a dark red, 1998 Cadillac Deville a week ago. Is in near perfect condition interior and exterior, Michelin tires, and it runs great and only 91K on it (which isn't alot for a N* I suppose), but it runs great. The only problem of the most minor sort is that the antenna doesn't go up all the way or down, I think its because its bent, is this a hard part to replace. And if not, can I do it myself and how much?

In addition, it says to use only Premium fuel. While I have no real problem with doing so, besides the cost, will it run alright if I use 89, or 87? Like I said I want to keep this car around for a while since its in near perfect condition.

FYI, I haven't gotten rid of the 1986 Deville nor do I plan to. It runs great as well I just decided it was time to put two Caddys in the garage. :)

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
IIRC, the antenna is located on the rear right fender, so getting to it should be pretty easy, just remove the trunk liner. The part should be readily obtainable, too, as I just had the antenna on my 2001 ETC replaced and I believe it's the same unit. Dealer had no trouble getting the part.

As to fuel, the car will run on 87 or 89, but power will decrease and the car may ping on acceleration.

Congrats on your new Deville!

Craig

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
If the mast is bent you will have to replace it. They sell a repair kit that includes the mast and cable. Not a hard job.

The Northstar has a very effective knock sensor so you can use 87. It will not knock and you probably won't notice any difference in performance or mileage. I didn't on my '97.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
That '98's just a tad bit quicker than your '86 eh? ;)

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
If the mast is bent you will have to replace it. They sell a repair kit that includes the mast and cable. Not a hard job.

The Northstar has a very effective knock sensor so you can use 87. It will not knock and you probably won't notice any difference in performance or mileage. I didn't on my '97.
My 97 N S knocked lightly. I then switched to prem.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
Something was amiss. You should never have heard it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts