Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Black Raven/Ebony Interior
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Bro, great pic's. Awesome car. :cool2:

Thanks! I think if I could change one thing about the appearance, it would be the quad tailpipes. I really like the look of the integrated tailpipes on the 2010 Buick LaCrosse (I never, EVER thought I would refer to a styling cue of a Buick!). :p

·
Registered
Formerly 09 CTS-V, Red; now 16 CTS-V, Red
304 Posts
OTOH, I like the quad tailpipes. The whole car looks sharp and I think the quad exits add to the overall appearance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Mik! I like 'em, too! I think I just like that broad, integrated tailpipe look a bit better. It would be interesting to see a CTS with that look.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
wayne, im with you, i like the buick's as well . . . your car is beautiful and just what i would like mine to look like if i did those sorts of mods . . . great taste

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wayne, im with you, i like the buick's as well . . . your car is beautiful and just what i would like mine to look like if i did those sorts of mods . . . great taste
Thanks, exm! Did you hear that, GM? Here's a 37 year old who says he likes the look of the new BUICK! It is indeed a new day!! :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I considered the new LaCrosse a serious contender, but I prefer the less-rounded lines of the CTS.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Wayne, you are right on that one! And I also love all the content. The new LaCrosse has a list of amazing options that just doesn't quit for the price. The only thing that seemed odd was the non-option of AWD with the CXS package. I found that really odd.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wayne, you are right on that one! And I also love all the content. The new LaCrosse has a list of amazing options that just doesn't quit for the price. The only thing that seemed odd was the non-option of AWD with the CXS package. I found that really odd.
Very sharp, The CTS-V should have had those quad pipes.
Thanks, allklr! I agree! The CTS-V should have this look!

exm: I honestly believe had the 2010 Buick LaCrosse been available at the time I purchased the CTS, it would have been a serious contender! It's a great looking car! I also agree the non-option of AWD is a potential deal killer. What else does the CTS offer that the LaCrosse doesn't? Or the other way around?

·
Registered
304 Posts
The LaCrosse offers a HUD. An option I would really, really like to have in the CTS.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Two things that stuck out to me were the rear seat DVD players and acoustic glass, like my Saturn Aura XR has. The other was a rear window shade. There are other options that are nice though, such as the blind spot alert.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
Not to state the obvious, but the CTS offers rear wheel drive and the world class Sigma platform. The Lacrosse is FWD, and is based on the Opel Vectra, which is a nice enough car, and much improved over the previous edition, but it is built to a much lower price point, and is not meant to compete with CTS, BMW 3 series, etc. The original Lacrosse was the replacement for the Regal, though it looks like they're trying to move it upmarket a bit. It may have lots of nice options and gadgets, but it's basic bones are not in the same class as the CTS, nor will it be nearly as sporty to drive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not to state the obvious, but the CTS offers rear wheel drive and the world class Sigma platform. The Lacrosse is FWD, and is based on the Opel Vectra, which is a nice enough car, and much improved over the previous edition, but it is built to a much lower price point, and is not meant to compete with CTS, BMW 3 series, etc. The original Lacrosse was the replacement for the Regal, though it looks like they're trying to move it upmarket a bit. It may have lots of nice options and gadgets, but it's basic bones are not in the same class as the CTS, nor will it be nearly as sporty to drive.
No argument here! The LaCrosse surely isn't in the same league. But if I wasn't looking for world class performance, it appears to be a potential alternative (in all wheel drive) to the CTS and doesn't come across as lame.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do find that to be very interesting and a bit annoying that GM would offer technology and features on a lower tier vehicle and wouldn't make them available for their "halo" mid-size sedan. Anyway, I do love my car! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts