Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the DTS with the Performance Package. The options were Navigation, Chrome wheels, and color matching grill. I got the car in Raven Black with the Shale interior. I currently have a 2000 DTS with the same colors. Will post pictures if someone will post on the site how its done.

·
Registered
NONE
280 Posts
mraccountant said:
I ordered the DTS with the Performance Package. The options were Navigation, Chrome wheels, and color matching grill. I got the car in Raven Black with the Shale interior. I currently have a 2000 DTS with the same colors. Will post pictures if someone will post on the site how its done.
Congratulations! :bouncy: Waiting for the pics!

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
sounds nice and congrats.

to post pics go first download them on your computer like if you 3 1/2 floppy disc or something in you digital camera. save them to "My Pictures". once you have saved them, scroll down when you reply to a topic or this topic and click the button that says "Manage attatchments" youll see a few spaces and a box out from it that says "Browse" click browse and it will open "My Pictures" just double click on the picture you choose and it will add it to the box. then scroll down and hit the "Upload" button at the bottom. it will automatically add it in. it will disappear from the box and you will have less boxes, there is a limit to how many pics you can post. good luck, hope that helps. you should familiarize yourself with it first though, do a couple of test pics so you dont screw up when you post the goods. :D

·
Registered
2013 300C - Looking at CT6
92 Posts
Mr Accountant - Congrats - that is a great sounding car, nice color and the right equipment. Did you find the dealer willing to negotiate on the price? I have not seen any rebates or anything, so I wondered how close to sticker the new DTS is going for.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Lanzz said:
Mr Accountant - Congrats - that is a great sounding car, nice color and the right equipment. Did you find the dealer willing to negotiate on the price? I have not seen any rebates or anything, so I wondered how close to sticker the new DTS is going for.
Yeah, that's true, and you probably won't for quite some time, because GM FINALLY dropped the actual MSRP $5k compared to a similar '05 or before Deville--rather than having to then put a $5k rebate on them later.

That said, there's still the usual space between MSRP and invoice, and most dealers would probably be willing to dip into that gap without much haggling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shipping got delayed till the 18th of October. As soon as I get the car I will attempt to put pictures on the website.

·
Registered
2003 SLS
322 Posts
Price is $500 over invoice. This dealer does not haggle on price. The sticker is the price. SAY WHAT? Invoice on DTS Performance model (sticker $51,200) is about $47,500. Plus $500 puts you around $48K. If the sticker is the price you're a long way off from your $500 over invoice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry about the prior error in posting. The sticker price was $53,180. I paid in the neighhood of $50,500 plus tax and license. The price I paid was $500 over dealers invoice. For information purposes this was about the same price I paid for my 2000 DTS with the same equipment. Not a bad deal considering we are 6 years later

Still working on how to post pictures. I have them on MY PICTURES but have not been able to get them into the site. HELP !!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Though I have to say that full-sticker price is good for a car as wonderful as the new DTS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts